Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how high to hang lights over vanity

Posted by lyban (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 23:05

I have lots of room between the crown molding and the vanity mirror so I am not sure at what height to put the lights. The width of pedestal sink is 24 inches. Vanity mirror will be 20 inches wide by 28 inches high. How far up from the mirror frame do you think I should hang the lights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how high to hang lights over vanity

I think 6 feet from the floor is a standard. However, I think some people like sconces at face level but I don't - it bothers my eyes or something. I find that just above (my) head level is better, no problems with shadows or anything with the ones I chose.

o
RE: how high to hang lights over vanity

I have a two-sink vanity. My light fixture (that is the glass shade) will "end" two inches above my mirrors, but I'm wondering if I should drop my mirrors another two inches. My medicine cabinet mirror is 20"by 26" long, which is really not long enough but it's the best I could find to work with everything else.

So my three light fixture, which is 24" wide, is much higher than 72" off of the floor, it's more like 78" off the floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here