Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drbeanie2000_gw

Sink first? Vanity first? How to make sure they will fit?

drbeanie2000
12 years ago

So, we went to look at vanities this weekend. We saw some that we liked, but didn't like the vanity tops/sinks that we saw paired with them very much. They were cultured marble or granite with the 4" backsplash, either drop-in or undermounted. We're sort of hoping to get a vitreous china sink that is its own "vanity top," I guess an integrated sink. One piece for sink and vanity top which extends several inches to either side of the sink. We've always had that kind of sink, either wall-mounted (with sort of a built-in splashback effect) like this:

or as a pedestal. Now all we really want to do is to get storage beneath them.

So, then we were thinking, "how about if we get the vanity bottom one place and the vitreous china sink somewhere else and combine them!" Well, that seemed like a good idea, and it does seem to be how these things are sold online - sinks separately from vanities. Only, it seems really difficult to say "I've picked a sink - now, what vanity will go with it?" I can't even really tell if there are standard sizes for these things - looks like 24", 30", 36", etc. We are limited by having to have a small one for our tiny mid-century bathroom.

So, I'd love experiences and examples, everyone!

Thanks in advance!

bean

Comment (1)