Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink first? Vanity first? How to make sure they will fit?

Posted by drbeanie2000 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 23:03

So, we went to look at vanities this weekend. We saw some that we liked, but didn't like the vanity tops/sinks that we saw paired with them very much. They were cultured marble or granite with the 4" backsplash, either drop-in or undermounted. We're sort of hoping to get a vitreous china sink that is its own "vanity top," I guess an integrated sink. One piece for sink and vanity top which extends several inches to either side of the sink. We've always had that kind of sink, either wall-mounted (with sort of a built-in splashback effect) like this:

or as a pedestal. Now all we really want to do is to get storage beneath them.

So, then we were thinking, "how about if we get the vanity bottom one place and the vitreous china sink somewhere else and combine them!" Well, that seemed like a good idea, and it does seem to be how these things are sold online - sinks separately from vanities. Only, it seems really difficult to say "I've picked a sink - now, what vanity will go with it?" I can't even really tell if there are standard sizes for these things - looks like 24", 30", 36", etc. We are limited by having to have a small one for our tiny mid-century bathroom.

So, I'd love experiences and examples, everyone!

Thanks in advance!

bean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink first? Vanity first? How to make sure they will fit?

Which you pick first is a personal preference. I'd pick my sink first because I see/notice it more than the vanity. How about this ceramic sink from Ikea? They have lots of choices for the base, so you know it would fit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rattviken sink

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here