Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Progress on DIY Master Bath..but dang 10mm glass is Heavy!

raehelen
11 years ago

Visa card has been busy... even though I know we are saving lots of $$$ by doing this bathroom all by ourselves, it seems everytime I turn around there is something else to buy. Not sure I want to sit down and add it all up!

But, today, made good progress. Went to cultured marble place to pick a colour for the shower base. I cannot believe that we drove all the way there, and forgot the tile sample at home! However picked up several samples, and the owner has to come out and measure before he makes the pan, so I should have my tile by then..and can finalize colour choice. What we learned today, is that he can make it any Benjamin Moore colour I want...add bits and pieces or just leave it plain... I am so excited...my vision of having the shower blend into the floor rather than having a white base can happen...just have to be sure and pick the right colour!

This is my tile, so once the order is in, will be visiting BM:

We bought our shower doors at Costco, now see what people mean about the greenish tinge, our basement BR glass is thinner, so green not very noticeable...these 10mm panels are quite green, and boy are they HEAVY...DH and I carried them from the van up the stairs, and I do NOT want to ever do that again!

Faucet arrived in the mail, and we've got a carpenter making us a Teak vanity...just waiting for shower valves to arrive, and then we can really get going...

Comments (2)