Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best silicone for shower/tub corners?

Posted by attofarad (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 22:40

What brand is the best, in terms of ease of use, durability, and so forth?

Any technique suggestions for making the corner look good, with this 3D tile?

thanks,
Gary

This post was edited by attofarad on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 22:41

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best silicone for shower/tub corners?

I used the silicone grout that was matched to my grout. I used Laticrete products.

o

Thanks, enduring. No shops around here seem to stock Laticrete silicone, even the ones that sell the grout, etc.

o

I ordered mine online from a link on the Laticrete site. They were FAST and packed very well. here is the link if you care to go that route.

Here is a link that might be useful: tile store online

o

I've had good results with the premium GE silicone that's readily available - can't remember the name but their better of the two main varieties you'll see.

o

.....though I usually use DAP 230 latex caulk because it's easier to apply (or at least least easier to clean up after).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here