Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water spots on polished vs honed marble tile floor

Posted by kswartwout (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 21:37

We just put a polished carrara tile on the powder bath floor. It gets water spots unless you literally buff it after mopping. Super annoying.

Wondering if others have the same experience or maybe our sealer or tile is crap?

Also, would honed not have this problem? I still have a few more bathroom floors to redo, and was thinking of going honed marble for those. I'm hoping it doesn't have the same problem...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water spots on polished vs honed marble tile floor

Honed will be less obvious. If it's etching, sealer or honing won't prevent it. I'd question whether it's just water, and what is in whatever you're mopping it with, too. (I only clean the marble with marble cleaner.)

My only spots are around the toilet... Nothing to prevent that short of sitting.

This post was edited by KevinMP on Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 23:04

o
RE: Water spots on polished vs honed marble tile floor

Kevin, LOL!

I think I'll go with porcelain then. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here