Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flicka001

Help! Where can I get quality cabinet pulls quickly?

flicka001
11 years ago

Can anyone point me to a reliable website or store that can get me cabinet pulls quickly? And can you suggest any brands that are of good quality?

I ordered some Baldwin cabinet pulls from efaucets two weeks ago. The web page said "usually ships 3 to 7 days" so silly me, I assumed that I would have them by now. It seems that I should have known from the "check availability" note on the page that I needed to call them to find out if they were actually available and if I had, I would have known that they would take 4 to 6 weeks to order. I guess I'm too used to Amazon who tells me exactly when to expect my delivery. Anyway, luckily, it was only $35 so I just want to order from a site that actually can deliver.

Comments (10)

• juddgirl2
    11 years ago

I plan on ordering Baldwin cabinet knobs from this site. Baldwin Outlet

Not sure about customer service yet but the prices are right. If you have an ACE Hardware near you it sells Baldwin.

• Jen K.
    11 years ago

In my albeit limited experience, certain manufacturers or item styles are never carried in inventory by any merchant, meaning you will have to wait longer for the item to come from the manufacturer, whether directly (quicker) or via the merchant (slower). This may be what is causing the long lead times for your pulls, in which case going to a different merchant may not speed things up. But... 4-6 weeks is a long time, even for special order, so hopefully this is an issue specific to eFaucets.

I, like you, needed my cabinet pulls in a hurry and I ended up buying most of them from a local hardware/home store. I really liked being able to see and feel them and take them home to try out before purchasing the whole lot and know that I am much happier as a result with my choices than had I gone the online route. I see that you live in NoVa, and I'm guessing that there are probably some high-end hardware/home stores in your area? Sorry I can't recommend any as I'm not from there. If you are definitely going with the Baldwin pulls, you can go to the Baldwin website to find dealers in your area:http://www.baldwinhardware.com/Where-to-Buy.aspx

• flicka001
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. I'll check these out. I'm not committed to Baldwin, but I knew they would be decent quality and since I couldn't actually see them, I thought I'd give them a try. I'll see if any of the local places have them in stock.

• dvarnell
    11 years ago

Restoration Hardware has nice ones.

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

Most hardware stores have pulls. Amazon has some too, for that matter.

• IlanaMoore
    11 years ago

No stranger to the aggravation of ill-worded site policies. Arrrrggh! That's one of the reasons I love Kitchen-Cabinet-Hardware.com. They're clear cut, helpful and friendly (not to mention they have really cute cabinet knobs!)

As per quality, Amerock, Belwith, Berenson, are all standard favorites. If you're looking for something more unique, try Cal Crystal, Sietto or Topex Hardware. They all have some beautiful cabinet hardware that is different. Good luck and enjoy your new cabinets!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Cabinet Hardware

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

flicka - what did you want to order.
    I ordered mine from the Compleat Baldwin Brass store in West Reading. Nice discount and nice to work with. (Baldwin is currently manufactured in West Reading, PA but will be moving south of the border)

I might be returning mine as I think I want something different. So, I have 80 5 inch brass with black arch pulls to return.. Hope they are in a good mood - I have to go look at the other one that I am considering (see Badgergal's kitchen) to see if DH likes the concept.

• flicka001
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone. I have new empathy for anyone doing a remodel. I'm just doing a small master bath and I know knobs are trivial, but after 3 weeks of sleeping in the guest room, getting up early for the contractor, and living with the dust and lack of 2nd bath, I will be so happy when everything is in.

It ended up the original order did arrive. I just got plain chrome arches (just wanted something simple but durable). When I called them on Thursday, they told me it was a special order and would probably take 4 to 6 weeks, but they would have to check. However,by the next day, I got a notice that they had shipped and I got them just in time (my vanity just went in). But anyway, I'm happy. My tile is all done, the plumber comes Monday to install all the fixtures and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• SMPH
    11 years ago

I need to purchase knobs and pulls for our new kitchen cabinets that will be ready in a few weeks. I have settled on "Rusticware" weathered pewter. I have found very good pricing at GoingKnobs.com. I can't find any reviews on them and looks like the parent company, Going Group LLC may be only a year old.
    Has anyone shopped with them? If so, was it a good experience? Where else have you purchased knobs and pulls on line where you would buy from again?