Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumberry_gw

bath towel/sheets recommendations

plumberry
9 years ago

I'm looking for plush bath towels/sheets. I've read various sources that Lands End are favorites but when I read the reviews I couldn't pull the trigger to order them.
Any other recommendations? or reassurance about Lands End?

Comments (7)

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Not sure about sheets except that pima cotton is superior to Egyptian cotton. But towels I have really enjoyed are Vera Wang. The tag says Simply Vera by Vera Wang 100% collton, made in India. They are not the bath sheet size though they were available, but the next size down. The bath sheets are too big and take too much time to wash and dry. These are still big! They are soft and are holding up well through many, many washings. I got them in white as I like that clean spa looking decor and I don't have towels displayed or anything like that. I've been very happy with these towels. I got them through Kohl's online site since I don't have a store convenient to me. You can find coupons online sometimes, though these aren't terribly cost prohibitive, every little bit helps!

• Francine Hughes
    9 years ago

I have been very happy with the Macys Hotel Collection Towels, they have held up quite well and their regular bath towel size is nice, though I LOVE the bath sheets.

Are you by any chance in the San Francisco Bay Area? There is an outlet in Berkeley that sells UPPER end fabulous towels at incredible prices. I bought some towels that I saw in a Gumps catalog for more than 3x what I paid. Also in the Bay Area is a twice a year warehouse sale at SDH linens which has the most fabulous sheets, not cheap, even at the sale but so luxurious .

Do not buy high count sheets from the likes of Overstock.com , you will be disappointed. I did not like the Macys brand sheets, but the Calvin Klein and Donna Karan sold there are nice. I

• rcbny
    9 years ago

This will sound crazy, but the best bath sheets I ever purchased were from Sam's Club. They were $9.99! That was back in 1995, and when I finally needed to replace them a couple of years ago, we were Costco members. Costco had basically the same bath sheets, though somewhat thicker, for a whopping $11.99! They're just as great as the last bunch, and if they last 15 years again, well...wow.

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

I love the Charisma bath towels from Costco, as well as the matching hand towels and wash cloths. They're soft and just the right size, not too thick and not too thin.

I have ivory for the master and white for DD's bathroom. Mine are new but DD has had hers for the last year, and so far they're holding up much better than the designer towels they replaced.

• divotdiva2
    9 years ago

2nd for Macy's Hotel collection towels. I have a bunch that have held up several years, and just bought new ones for the new bathroom.

• plumberry
    Original Author
    9 years ago

macys hotel collection are on sale right now and bath sheets cost $59 same as vera wang at kohls. i will check them both out, as well as the other recommendations. thanks!

• jjaazzy
    9 years ago

I'll 2nd that vote for Costco towels. They are wonderful. I have also purchased Apt9 from Kohls and they have been nice too.
    I wish we would go back to the old fashioned sheets from the 80's and before. When 200 thread count was all the rage. This was the highest number we needed. These new sheets we are stuck with stink. It has made me a bed sheet hoarder cause I keep looking for great sheets. First of all I like color and pattern and most sheets now only come in a choice of muted colors. Next I have purchased sheets from home shows (they are inexpensive for sure) but they are dog hair magnets. They go through the wash and they are covered. Yuck I started just throwing those away or saving some for drop cloths. And Micro fiber is absolutely junk. They stretch and fade after just a few times using them. Give me back my old fashioned sheets! That only got softer with each wash and they never needed to be ironed.
    On my quest for some fantastic sheets we recently purchased Bamboo sheets while on vacation in the Bahamas from Cariloha Bamboo sheets. Paid huge money for them and I am afraid to use them........... but I will, I am hoping for the best. Otherwise, I will continue my Bed sheet hoarding.