Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I mirror my actual window?

Posted by karencon (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 20:58

Hi All. I have changed my hall bath and will be moving the vanity to in front of the window. I have searched houzz et al. and have seen some nice ideas for a mirror. Is it possible to inset a piece of mirrored glass into the window itself? Is this a bad idea? I realize that when the window is open (awning type) it will be kind of funky. I will also be using a side mirror of some sort for "close up work".
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I mirror my actual window?

Karen,

I've seen a mirror that slides over the window. If you have enough room to the side perhaps you could do something like that.

o

Hi Raehelen. That Houzz picture is in my ideabook and is one of my favorites. I am thinking that the side over the toilet could be shelving. I have been looking for the appropriate hardware so DH could build it. I like the idea that I wouldn't even need a window covering.

o

If your window is deep enough you could put the mirror on a hinge over the window, and when you want the window swing the mirror open. on This Old House they showed them doing a similiar thing with window screens.

Here is a link that might be useful: maybe something like this

o

Hmmm. the hinge idea is interesting. I have 2x6 walls so that might work. Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here