Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shapco

anyone ordered from plumbersstock.com? webfaucets.com?

shapco
10 years ago

I'm looking to purchase the Symmons Allura tub/shower system, but it's only available at a couple of on-line stores. After reading the horrible experiences at efaucets.com, I have scratched them off the list. Two other sites I found are plumbersstock and webfaucets but I haven't found any reviews here. Does anyone have any experience with these on-line retailers?

Comments (16)

• sloyder
    10 years ago

homedepot now carries the Symmons line

• chibimimi
    10 years ago

Amazon also has Symmons. It looks like they sell the Allura trim kit and the valve separately.

• shapco
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, Amazon only sells the chrome finish and we're looking for the satin nickel. I looked at what Home Depot sells and the item number is different. From what I've read in this forum, the big box stores sell a cheaper version of some of the plumbing fixtures, replacing some of the metal parts with plastic.

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Shapco,

I was looking for Symmons too, and found it a plumbing wholesaler in my town. Have you looked at the Symmons website and their 'find a dealer' link? That's how I found my guy.

• sloyder
    10 years ago

Symmonds was always sold by plumbers, and within the last year started selling at the big box stores. It is a quality product, so I don't know why the would cheapen the product to sell at HD, the replacement parts look of high quality and they are not cheaply priced.

• shapco
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Raehelen. A local retailer was willing to give me their contractor price, so there wasn't much of a difference between their price and the on-line price.

• andersaudio
    8 years ago

I accidentally ordered the wrong finish for my faucet and sent it back to them for a return. They charged me a 25% restocking fee and said that I didn't get prior authorization when I did. I looked at the policy and even if they remembered that I had they would have still charged me a 15% restocking fee. It was my mistake but that is no way to treat your customers. I've returned items over the years to other online companies and never had to pay a restocking fee.

• Margaret D.
    3 years ago

I am doing something I almost never do – I am writing to voice my UTTER DISGUST. I ordered toilets over 6 weeks ago for one of our very influential clients. I was told they would be 2-3 weeks.

I called the company every week for the past 3 weeks and emailed the company to see where they were and to check on my delivery since the 3 weeks had elapsed and no toilets.

Last week all of a sudden I see a REFUND to my credit card for the full amount. I called and was told they “tried” to email me to say they didn’t charge me the shipping fees on the order of $150 and since I didn’t respond the order was cancelled – just like that. I had to call the architect and explain that the company just cancelled on me without even so much as a courtesy call after I waited 6 weeks for this. how professionally embarrassing for our company.

Now I have to wait an ADDITIONAL 4-6 weeks to get them from somewhere else. all the customer service guy kept saying is we emailed you its not our fault you didn’t see it maybe its in your spam (checked and it was NOT) my client has NO toilet in her master bathrooms for over 2 months now. First of all they lied about the lead time on the site it was NOT 2-3 weeks they are 4-6 weeks.

DONT USE THIS COMPANY

• Larry Struble
    2 years ago

Stay away from plumber stock if you need any customer service. Order takers only!!

• Ted Chernok
    2 years ago

Inept customer service rep is also an understatement.

Rude person is so aware of how inept he is at customer service he won't tell you his name. Ask for his supervisor and you get put on hold until the line just goes dead. Call from a different line and caller id instead of picking up the line just goes dead. It is impossible for this business to operate this way and be anything but a scam.. What they tell you is in stock, isn't.. When they tell you they will order, they screw up the order.. Stay away from PlumbersStock at all costs..

• dantesmuze
    2 years ago

Completely dissatisfied with their service. I ordered an American Standard toilet on July 5, 2021 with an estimated lead time of 38 days, which would be sometime around mid August.

Sent them an email on August 16th wondering when they were expecting to ship out the fixture. I was then told that the estimated ship date from the warehouse would be 9/10. I checked again on 9/27 since I had not heard any news regarding shipment. I was then told, "It looks like you ordered form UT warehouse which we are getting it from the manufacturer. The option showing on the website also shows our partner vendor in TN warehouse has it in stock."

Seriously, the website has no option to indicate where the fixture will be shipping from or gives you an option to get delivery from any one warehouse or the other. Now today on 9/29, when I inquired again if it was going to ship anytime soon, this is the response I get: "We are really sorry about this, but this item normally ships from the manufacturer right away, but we were just told that this item has been placed on backorder for mid of January 2022. If you are able to wait for the product we will get it shipped out as quickly as possible. If you need to cancel the order, we will issue the refund immediately. Please let us know what you decide, and again, we are really sorry for our mistake." January 2022?!!! Now I just got an email telling me that they need approval to cancel the order and to refund my money from the partner vendor.

So not acceptable. They take your money and no product is ever delivered. Never going to order from these guys again!

• Tim Pehl
    2 years ago

Don't do it! You will never receive your product! They suck and terrible customer service!!!!

• HU-135141599
    2 years ago

SCAMMERS!!!!

• Michael McCullough
    2 years ago

PlumbersStock is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I ordered a drainpan for a washer-dryer that was clearly labeled as 30"x 33"- just the dimensions that I needed. Unfortunately what arrived at my house was about 30" x 60" - it's enormous, and much bigger than I wanted or can fit in my laundry closet. Look at the photo below - how could they have thought this was the right item?

I asked for a refund or an exchange. They said couldn't exchange the item (something about needing to custom-order it), and agreed to a refund. But to my surprise they also required that I return the item in order to receive they refund (they provided a shipping label in the process). How exactly am I supposed to deliver this massive drainpan for shipping back to them? It's too big to fit in my car, so apparently they expect me to spend money to hire a truck to deliver this to the shipper, which be expensive and eat up a significant piece of my refund. I suggested that they send someone to pick it up, but as of this moment have not responded.

So they not only send me the wrong item, they send it to me in such a way that makes it difficult for me to get my money back. What appears to have started as terrible incompetence has now morphed into something even worse, as they are holding onto my refund, probably in the hope that I'll quietly go away. So in the meantime, I'm out $183.64, and PlumbersStock has gained one very dissatisfied customer. Everybody loses.

• PRO
    Roberts Design Ltd
    7 months ago

That place is a scam, a totally illegitimate business. You will end up having to dispute the charges with your cc company. Two Toto toilets - both received broken & almost $2K. They add a $2 charge to your order without your consent then tell you that you bought shippers insurance and send you to a company that has never heard of you, nor your purchase. I got the run around for weeks. Be warned.