Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shelf Help

Posted by DreamingoftheUP (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 20:37

As part of my bathroom refresh, I've been lately contemplating adding a shelf above my toilet. There already is a towel bar there, so it would have to reside above the towel bar, mounted on the wall, not the tile. (See picture below. BTW, that's the before picture and I have made significant progress, but no sneak peaks just yet. ;)

Some that I've been considering in the following post...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shelf Help

First thought of getting a hotelier (shelf only, no towel bar), something like these:

Kohler Loure

Ginger Cinu

Nameeks Gedy

Then discovered wider glass shelves such as these:
Ginger Sine

Ginger Quattro

Danze Sirius

Opinions? The hoteliers have deeper shelves. The glass shelves above are around 5.5" to 6" deep. Don't want the narrow (3" to 4") glass shelves.

Or would that just be too much in that location?

o

What are you going to store/display on the shelves? The hotel shelves are great for towels, but if you are putting things like bottles, a vase... the bars will be less stable than a flat surface like the glass.
As far as the depth of the shelf, I think either will be fine.

o

OH, sorry, forgot to mention what I want it for!!! Mainly, stack of wash cloths, folded in half twice, which I want to have on hand for my daily shave. And, maybe, a spare paper roll.

o

Since the shelf will be over the toilet and you don't want anything accidentally falling inside, I would think the glass shelves would be the most practical. I would also probably put the washcloths inside a basket to keep them even more secure. If you do use a basket, then the metal shelves would be OK, and possibly give you a deeper surface.

So, if you do decide to go with a basket, determine what size would best fit your folded towels, and then buy a shelf deep enough to hold that size basket.

Basket can be metal/wire, doesn't have to be made of organic materials.

o

Thanks for the ideas! Need to ponder, but will decide and order tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here