Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems with Toto Vespin II?

Posted by cottonpenny (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 20:29

I'm choosing plumbing for my new build. I had picked out this toilet online for looks and because my mom has a Toto in her beach house. Not sure what model she has. And because I had read about Toto here and seemed to get good reviews.

The plumbing store person said that she had recently had a complaint about it not cleaning the bowl very well. She recommended a few Kohlers, but Kohler doesn't make a skirted model, which I like.

But this was right after she told me that because they were a Kohler distributor they aren't allowed to show Toto, etc., so obviously she has motivation to sell Kohler over Toto...

Of course, that means the builder's discount isn't as good so using the Toto will cost us $$. Like $100 per toilet so not much but everything is just starting to add up.

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems with Toto Vespin II?

We also are planning to order the Toto Vespin II for one bathroom and the Drake II for the other two bathrooms. I will be interested in reading the responses you get from people who have actual experience with Toto's double cyclone flushing system.

Is it possible that the sale's person was talking about the Vespin I? If I remember correctly, I think the older model had a different flushing system.

All I know is that I do not want a Kohler based on repeated experiences in at least 3 different locations that I visit fairly often (store, doctor's office, etc.) I don't know the specific style in each place, but I consistently have trouble getting these toilets to clear away even small pieces of tissue. Maybe I am being unfair to Kohler, but those repeated problems make me reluctant to bring one into my home.

o

We have the Vespin II with sanagloss and haven't had any problems. But, we have only been in the house for 3 weeks, so I have no long term information.

o

toilets get lots of response on GW....I actually think I have typed this very posting....my new toto Lloyd is not in yet, sitting in the showroom warehouse.....But the toilet decision made me crazy and I love GW but it can also add to the craziness. Everyone has an opinion on toilets, take all the people on GW add most house have 2-3 toilets and you gets lots of kudos and boos from everywhere. Go with your Mom's advice, that why I got Toto my sister had one in her beach house.

o

I agree with not going with Kohler. I have three kohler toilets in my house and they are lousy at bowl wash down. The cascade of water is not even and does not wash the entire bowl. I will say that we have never had a clog in the 5 years we have had them. We have had to replace flapper valves and that is it. You do have to order the kohler parts though. We tried to get the "same" valves at lowes and they were worse than the one's we were replacing. The kohler replacements worked like a charm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here