Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklebread

Simple white bathroom reveal

sparklebread
10 years ago

It took me a few weeks to get the courage to share the results of our hall bath remodel. I am so thankful for the GW assistance, inspiration and support I received on this fulfilling, yet sometimes nerve wracking journey.

This post was edited by sparklebread on Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 21:33

Comments (16)

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

pic 2

Post edited to remove image. Thank you everyone for your feedback.

This post was edited by sparklebread on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 13:07

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

pic 3

Post edited to remove image. Thank you everyone for your feedback.

This post was edited by sparklebread on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 13:08

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the before pic~ check out the matching blue shag carpet in the hallway. That was 25 years old and would not wear out!

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Fresh & beautiful! Great job!

• Melanie2012
    10 years ago

So pretty! Love the vanity and slab. My vote would be to keep the green.

• rjr220
    10 years ago

Beautiful job -- very peaceful looking, I can see why this would make you happy. I agree with Melanie and I like the green on the walls.

I really like the crown molding above the vanity. Such a simple touch, but it adds so much! I am likely stealing that technique . . . .

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Nice!

• kirkhall
    10 years ago

For paint, what were you aiming for?
    Did you try BM Rev pewter?

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I really like the green (or how it looks on my monitor anyways). Perhaps if you had a plant or something green on the counter, and some nice thick towels in that green to tie it in. I think what may be bothering you is that there is not enough green in the bathmat. (next one you buy, cuz with kids you will be buying another one eventually, just buy one with a bit more green in it).

• enduring
    10 years ago

Your kids are so lucky and I bet they know it too! That is simply beautiful. I love that wall color. Your picture is such a nice tough of color. I can see why you smile.

Is that a marble counter? How are you liking it. How did you have it finished, polished or honed?

• allison0704
    10 years ago

Very pretty!

Did you go over an existing wall mirror with the wood trim? DD2 recently remodeled her Master Bath, but the Guest Bath used by her DS won't get a full remodel. I think she would like to cut up the wall mirror with wood trim. It has beveled edge frame (mirror) so it's not plain, but not exactly her taste.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I love your bath! And agree with others about the green. it adds something special and different without being in your face. I think the suggestion for a rug with more green in it might work well, too.

• shanghaimom
    10 years ago

NICE!

I love the punch of color with the bath mat and wall pictures. The mirror/sconces setup is a great solution. (threeapples...)

I'm partial to white subways in the bathroom, especially on on the walls. Yours turned out beautifully.

Lucky kiddos.

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts! I donâÂÂt know what to do about those walls. I went with the oranges and yellows to downplay the green, but maybe I need to just embrace it- for now at least!

I thought the renovation would be lost on our older kids, but they have really enjoyed their updated bathroom as opposed to those college dorm/bathrooms they have come accustomed to!

RRJ- the crown was a touch from the cabinetmaker. I told him what I was thinking and he did a mock up and went to work. Guess I got lucky with him, as I did not ask for the crown above the mirror. He also added that extra piece of toe kick on the vanity after he installed it- he told me the vanity needed a little "something" and came back a few days later with the piece. He literally works in a little cabin in the woods, with no showroom, so this was a true test of my faith in word of mouth. We were blessed with that guy, for sure!

Kirkhall- that is a really good question about wall color- Went with BM Owl Gray in the hall leading into the room and Revere Pewter was a bit purple in that room.

Enduring- that is a honed cararra slab. Not my first choice. Wanted Cambria but the Torquay was on back order until late April and we had already gone 6 months without any fully usable bathrooms- I was over it, so we used the other half of one of the master slabs. Our eight year old is the only one using the bathroom full time right now and she basically only brushes her teeth in there- it has held up as far as TP and soap in concerned. I am sure the older kids will "season" it for me at some point!

Allison- I do like your DD's master bathroom~especially that deep wall color. We did have a wall-to-wall mirror in that room that I removed a few years ago. Replaced it with two rectangular mirrors only to find I preferred the large mirror-and much to the chagrin of my DH, went back to the full mirror only had it framed out this time. (I know I probably drive him nuts!). The cabinet guy made the frame and had glass cut to fit.

Shanghaimom- The tile wainscot was an afterthought. The room felt incomplete without it. It took some brainpower to make it work around the framed mirror as it had already been made and we couldnâÂÂt wrap the subway under the mirror as I wantedâ¦I was concerned how it would look with the marble backsplashâ¦but it worked out in the end. I think it finishes the room. Glad you like!

• threeapples
    10 years ago

That's really pretty. You have some lucky kids :)

• enzaenza
    9 years ago

Photos?? Lost or removed??