Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
honed marble with matte tiles

Posted by Gingersnaps17 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 19:25

Hi, everyone

I have matte porcelain tiles in my bathroom (same on wall and floor) and picked a botticino marble that resembled it for shower shelves and a windowsill. It wasn't till after it was installed that I realized it was polished. The bathroom saddle wasn't yet created, so when I noticed this, I told them to hone that piece.

Questions:
How big a "mistake" is it that I have a saddle with a different finish from the sill and shower shelves?
Is it possible for someone to come in and hone the attached pieces?
Or should I just fuhgeddaboudit?

My boyfriend says that there'll be stuff on the shelves and sill (it's inset, about four or five inches) so those surfaces won't be as noticeable as the threshold. But I can still see their polished sides, and it bothers me. Here's a pic the shower shelves.

Opinions?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Whoops! Photo didn't appear...

Here it is...

o
RE: honed marble with matte tiles

I say "fuhgeddaboudit". I can tell there is a slight sheen to the edges of the shelves, but really maybe it just adds interest. You have different tile and I could see a different sheen adding a little sparkle. If in 2-3 months you still see it, then see about getting the honing done. Nothing in life is perfection. I think the tile looks pretty just as it is.

o

Thank you for that! And do you think it's okay that the saddle will be honed?

o

Is the saddle a shower curb? If so, I think that will be just fine.

o

No, it's the bathroom door saddle. It's a tub/shower.

o

Ginger,

I know you are in the midst of making what seems like really crucial decisions. But you need to step back and take a deep breath.

Your question is: Does it matter if the sheen of marble sill on the floor of my bathroom that matches the floor, does not match the sheen of the sides of the shelves in my tub?

Whadda u think? Move on...(I mean that in the nicest way!)

o

In a few months it will be dulled down with soap scum or mineral deposits from the water ... non issue ... save the money!

o

Chispa,
You know, I never thought of that! That's GREAT. Thanks!

Raehelen: Yep. Lettin' it go.

Thanks, all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here