Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cloub_gw

Master Bath Finished... Photos

cloub
13 years ago

I just completed my master bath renovation. You can see the before and after pics on the link below. Grateful for the info and advice I found on gardenweb.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Chaos blog

Comments (30)

• Bethpen
    13 years ago

Wow!!!
    It is lovely. The finishes are gorgeous, I can't get over the size of it!

Beth p

• sameboat
    13 years ago

WOW Is that you in the tub? lol

I could live in your bathroom!

• wi-sailorgirl
    13 years ago

That is positively palatial! Beautiful. What a wonderful transformation!

• ae2ga
    13 years ago

I've been looking forward to the reveal after reading many of your posts, especially those about the floor tile. What is the overall size of the room? How do you like the shower? Any splashing outside of the enclosure?

You must be crazy excited to have such a lovely room.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Holy freakin' cow! That is stunning! Serene, classic, fresh, and elegant. I'm jealous over the size of that room. I've been very hit and miss on the Bathroom forum so I don't know about your floor tile. Can you tell me about it? I love the pattern of the install.

• mydreamhome
    13 years ago

Totally Breathtaking!! Congratulations & enjoy every minute of the sheer luxury you've created! Hope you're having a spectacular time @ Disney!

• amy2202
    13 years ago

WOW again. Could you please tell what brand and size tub you have. Also where you purchased it.

• cloub
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for all your kind words! To answer your questions...

The floor tile is Ceramica Magica Pitti in Blue. They are 6 x 24. I LOVE them! However, the tile is discontinued and I had a difficult time finding it. The pictures do not do it justice. It looks like painted wood planks... mostly blue, but with hints of green and pink in it, too.

The overall room size is 15 x 15. I'll get back to you on the shower question, because if you can believe it, we haven't used it yet!! I wanted to keep it nice while I finished the photos for my blog and then we went on vacation. I'll update you soon on that :)

The tub is Victoria and Albert's York tub. I ordered it from Vintage Bath online. I have used the tub, and it's fabulous!

Thanks, again, for your nice comments :)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

OMG--you could have a party in that bathroom! Enjoy your wonderful and luxe oasis!!!

• skeetie219
    13 years ago

beautiful!I'm interested in the shower size as well. Also considering Victoria/Albert bath, how was Vintage Bath to deal with?

• cloub
    Original Author
    13 years ago

@skeetie219... the shower size is 6'x 5'9". Vintage bath was fantastic. I ordered the tub and the sink faucets from them, and everything arrived in a timely manner with no issues. I had also ordered a lighted make-up mirror that I decided to return, and they took it back without a problem.

• amy2202
    13 years ago

cloub, I contacted Vintage and they said they never carried the Victoria and Albert line. I would like to order the York model but want to get it from the right place.

• ncamy
    13 years ago

Very pretty. What is the wall color?

• cloub
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OOPS!! I'm having all sorts of issues today... sorry. I posted (or thought I did) a correction earlier, but apparently, it didn't work. The tub and sink faucets came from qualitybath.com, and it was a very pleasant and easy transaction.

The wall color is Sherwin Williams' Sea Salt.

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Wow! What a space! I love what you've done with it.

• skeetie219
    13 years ago

Quick question on the victoria and albert tub, how is the heat retention of the water since the Englishcast seems to be the advantage vs. acrylic. Thanks

• cloub
    Original Author
    13 years ago

@skeetie219... I think the heat retention has been good. I was worried about that when I was researching tubs, but the V&A has worked great for my needs. I also like the look of the Englishcast. The acrylic tubs sometimes look too much like plastic for my taste.

• cuisinemom
    13 years ago

@ amy2202 - make sure you go to Vintage Bath - not Vintage Tub - two different sites.

Here is a link that might be useful: York Tub at Vintage Bath

• kimran
    13 years ago

Gorgeous, luxurious space! Everything works so well together! Light, bright and spa-like. Congratulations on the completion.

• emmertae
    13 years ago

Your bathroom is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I have a quick question for you. I am considering the V&A York tub and am just wondering if it will be too big for me as I am only 5'4". Just curious how tall you are and if you find it comfortable? Thanks!!

• sweetchaoshome_gmail_com
    13 years ago

@emmertae... I am 5'7" and the tub is the perfect size for me. I would go to some showrooms and sit in the tubs they have. It would give you a good idea of what size is most comfortable for you. I wasn't able to find the York at a showroom, but I tried out lots of others. The York is fairly narrow compared to some of the others I tried. Of course, my previous tub was gigantic, so anything would feel narrow compared to that :)

• jenskitchen
    13 years ago

Wowza. This is so stunning and I love everything on your blog. Congrats,

• barn_lady79
    13 years ago

I love this room, looking at the tub for my reno. Wondering what faucet you used and how it's working. Could you also share the mosaic tile you used and resource??
    Thanks much

13 years ago

@barn_lady79... the tub filler is from Barclay, and it's been working just great. I don't have the name of the mosaic tile, but I'll try to get it for you. It just says SE03 on our order form. It's a 1x1 ming green marble with frosted and clear glass mosaic. I ordered it from Custom Floors in Fishers, IN. Hope that helps!

• designhelp
    12 years ago

love your bathroom. I really want to do the walls in my small bath similar to the paneling on yours, do you think it would work in a small space?

12 years ago

@designhelp... absolutely! My friend just did a small hallway with the board and batten paneling, and it looks fabulous!

Here is a link that might be useful: sweet chaos blog

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

I have the Victoria + Albert York in my bathroom. The reason I chose it was because in their catalog and spec sheets it says it's 21 at the inside base, it is not. It is narrow at the bottom and I'm not a skinny mini but it has been fine. The only issue I have is that I like to wash my hair in the tub and it gets water all over everything, not sure if it is due to the narrowness of the tub or what. It is freestanding whereas I had a hand held shower in my last tub but it was built in all the way around so water just ran back into the tub. We tore that out, tiled all around the new tub and so the water only has so much space to stay contained in. I really don't think a tub a couple of inches wider would make any difference. I was told by European Sink where I purchased the tub that V+A tubs keeps water warmer than acrylic as it is made of volcanic ash which has good insulating factors. I like the tub it seems a little fragile I feel like I have to be careful with the finish, I did not like the acrylic for the same reason and the look of the acrylic. Of course if money were no object I would have gotten the MTI Linda tub with heated back that you lean against. It doesn't heat the water just the tub which leads me to think maybe otherwise acrylic can be cold to lean against. I do like the tub, it's fun to take a bath in, I will never go back to a gargantuan huge whirlpool tub like the 13 year old relic we removed. This is so much nicer. BTW, I am 5'4 1/2" and it is perfect for me I have the 68 and a half inch long model.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a prettier one. Simply gorgeous!! Congratulations on a fabulous result.

• lisaincalifornia
    12 years ago

Beautiful--really stunning! I love the serene white colors and the bathtub. I had to laugh at the before pictures, though. Your outdated 1980's bathroom would be a bathroom of my dreams. I have been living for the last 10 years with a 1957 pink bathroom--pink sink, toilet and tile. The shower pan is fiberglass, and the floor lenolium rosebud pink. Some girls have all the luck.

12 years ago

@lisaincalifornia... LOL! But judging by your name, your pink bathroom is located in sunny, beautiful California. I think you're the lucky one :)

Here is a link that might be useful: sweet chaos blog