Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
supermom74

Shower & Sink Fixtures

Supermom74
11 years ago

We are about to remodel our guest bathroom.

Can anyone recommend a good website to buy these on?

Thanks!

Comments (8)

• chibimimi
    11 years ago

I've had pretty good luck so far on Amazon. You'll have to go elsewhere to research, but once you've made your selections, Amazon seems to have good prices.

• chibimimi
    11 years ago

Uhhh, forgot to add that this is for the faucets, shower system, accessories, etc. Shipping on tubs and so on might be prohibitive.

• TSG1104
    11 years ago

We were very pleased with faucetdirect.com. We ordered our kitchen sink, kitchen faucet, bathroom sinks, toilet and tub from there. I might be forgetting other items.

The tub and other bathroom items were shipped freight. Freight shipping is free for orders over $1500 - not sure what your price range will be, but if you are ordering a tub it might be worth checking out.

Everything arrived in perfect condition and we found the prices to be competitive with the other online sources we priced. My mother-in-law remodeled her entire condo and ordered all her bathroom and kitchen fixtures from here. She was happy with them too and is the one who recommended them to us.

Forgot to mention that items that can be shipped regular ground as opposed to freight have free shipping if the order is over $99.

This post was edited by TSG1104 on Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 19:36

• rjr220
    11 years ago

Check with a local supplier -- by local, I mean local -- not Ferguson's. Our Morgan Brothers Supply (Florida) prices are in line, or better than online prices, and the saleswoman is very helpful.

• lillo
    11 years ago

You have different websites you can check. You can compare between faucet direct, quality bath, plumbing depot ,designer plumbing, Ira woods, overstock and amazon . You can google the model number of what you want and it will give different suppliers. There is also bizrate and next tag for comparing prices. It also depends on which brand your are shopping for . Being the cheapest in one brand doesn't necessarily mean cheaper in all the brands . You have to do your homework and compare prices for each item . I got my newport brass sink faucets from Ira woods through amazon . I chose to go with hansgrohe for my tub faucet and shower system . I found the best price on quality bath who had an extra 10% for a limited time on hansgrohe . I got my shower head , shower bar and body sprays from Amazon. Spend some time to compare , but you wan't regret it , because it will save you some money . Ask about their shipping policy before putting any order. You might need to bundle up some items on ascertain site to get free shipping specially for toilets and tubs . Faucet direct wanted to charge me $90 for shipping the toilet although it says free shipping in the description of the item . Good luck

• cherij0411
    11 years ago

One of the contracters i got a quote from told me she recommends Faucet Direct, so thats where I ordered from. I ordered Grohe for my shower head/valve etc. She said dont ever buy from home depot or lowes, it is cheaper models of the real thing and they use plastic parts.

• nycbluedevil
    11 years ago

I went with plumbtile dot com for my stuff (Harrington Brass, Jado, Hansgrohe, Toto). They were really knowledgeable and provided free shipping and there was no tax. One Toto sink arrived broken. I took a picture, sent it to plumbtile and they shipped a new one right away.

I think that most companies that offer free shipping exclude bathtubs and toilets, which are often shipped through a local distributor.

• footballmom
    11 years ago

I bought almost everything from amazon. My tub surround weighed almost 200 pounds and shipped free as we have amazon prime. Lowes wil also match online prices and lowes has items shipped from local distributors and things ship quickly. My grohe fixtures cam from amazon and my kohler tub came fro lowes.