Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clever idea for furniture style vanities at the Mandarin Oriental

Posted by KevinMP (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 18:43

I'm traveling for work again (in DC this time), and I always seem to find something in bathrooms in nice hotels that are a source for ideas.

Here, there's a furniture style vanity, but they've used a reflective metal (too shiny to be stainless perhaps, but who knows) as a toe kick, which makes it look like a furniture style vanity without the problem of cleaning underneath it. Genius.

photo 15B55E8A-F649-4218-BBAF-232EE81168AD-6228-0000026475193767_zps8ab51775.jpg

This post was edited by KevinMP on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 19:12

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clever idea for furniture style vanities at the Mandarin Orie

It is hard to tell in the picture. Is it like a mirror?! that is genius, esp with the reflection of the floor.

o

Lucky you Kevin MP, I was visiting DC last fall , and heard on a bus tour that the Mandarin there is one of the 10 most beautiful hotels in the world . Is that true ?please take some pictures and post them for us. I see another marble bathroom in the picture, is that grey or white ? I can see the contrast with the white floor mate.

o

It very well could be polished stainless. Doesn't that make the most sense in a room with water? I have polished stainless steel grab bars and they look like "fools chrome"

This is a great idea.

o

Kevin....

1) step out of the hotel bathroom
2) put on a pair of good walking shoes
3) Go outside and
12) Enjoy DC

I don't know steps 4) through 11) of the 12-Step Bathroom Remodel Weaning and Withdrawal Program, but the above steps should be enough of a start to at least get you outside for a little sightseeing.

; )

o

Unfortunately, I'm not here on pleasure. Fortunately, that means I'm not paying for my overpriced room!

o

Thanks for the awesome idea. I imagine more than one GW'er will run with this and we will see it in some reveals before too long.

mongoct - your post should have come with a warning to finish your coffee before reading. Now I have to clean my computer!

o

"without the problem of cleaning underneath it." Just the problem of constantly cleaning the splatters on the front of it.

o

Hemera, details.

o

I don't have the problems some on here seem to have with getting water on the floor in front of my vanity. I guess because it's the higher variety and I'm moderately careful to actually lean over the sink when shaving or washing my face. Then again, I am a bachelor. So I cannot imagine what kind of regular cleaning would be needed because of splatters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here