Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

PRESENTING: Master Bath Remodel Reveal!

jewelisfabulous
10 years ago

For all intents and purposes, our master bath remodeling is finished! The bath used to have builder grade white laminate cabinets, tile floor, cultured "marble" countertops, an small oval jetted tub, and a shower with paneled "marble" walls.

Our goals were to upgrade all the finishes, get a longer tub so we could fully extend our legs, and have as big of a (tiled) shower we could fit in that corner space. The footprint is essentially the same although we stole about 12" of space from the large nearby closet to accommodate the longer tub.

For all those who remember my questions about shower enclosure glass a few weeks ago, I went with the Starphire frameless glass with the ShowerGuard protection.

I'm happy to share product names/manufacturers if you want to know anything about the materials we used.

Comments (18)

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Photo #2

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Photo #4; I don't know why this photo is showing up sideways, it's not that way in my photo editor.

This post was edited by Jewel654 on Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 18:17

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Don't know where photo #3 went, so here it is again. LOVE these "barrel" sinks by Decolav!

This post was edited by Jewel654 on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 10:16

• lotteryticket
    10 years ago

Jewel! I love the tile and stone. Nice job. It's cool the little detail in the floor that picks up the accent wall in the shower. How big is the shower? It looks not too big, not too small...just right.
    Thanks

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The shower measures 41" wide x 48" deep. I believe our old shower was 34" x 38". :) It's amazing how just a few additional inches both ways makes this shower feel GIANT to us!

This post was edited by Jewel654 on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 17:21

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

I have a question about your mirrors. Is that one piece of Bevelled glass, or is that one big mirror with a mirrored frame? Looks really neat! I'm helping my sister with her bath reno, and this would suit it.

Love the tile floors, so, did someone have to cut all those floor tiles to fit in the inset?

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi, Raehelen -- Thank you! We just had 2" beveled framing added to the two large existing plate mirrors (one on each wall). The beveled pieces meet up in the corner. I like how they add some sparkle and dimension to plain mirrors!

Yeah, our tile guy cut all those floor pieces to fit in the inset accent piece. I think he spent one whole day just cutting.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

I also love your mirrors. Are the plate mirrors from your Before bathroom? Did you leave them in place or move them? Are they glued to the wall?

• kyshine3
    10 years ago

You did a great job love it!!
    Wondering your vanity is it custom built?
    Thank you

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linelle -- The mirrors were in place in our Before bathroom, but the one on the left needed to be taken down and cut so the make-up mirror could be mounted "through" it. Unfortunately, it broke in the process even though our contractor was being careful. So, we had to spring for a replacement. Yes, the mirrors are glued to the wall.

kyshine3 -- I'm honestly not sure if the vanity is fully custom or if some of it is stock sizes. I bought through a local cabinetry shop, but I know that the manufacturer is Jim Bishop Cabinets which are made in the U.S. The wood is maple, with "Gingerbread" stain and "Chocolate" glazing rubbed in the crevices of the raised panel doors and drawer fronts. I sprang for the furniture style base moulding to dress it up a little. Then, we also put the cabinetry front to match on the tub apron.

Thank you both!

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Jewel, it's a great looking bathroom!

Tell us about your faucet and light fixtures. They look like they put out a lot of light.

Was the original mirror that broke also glued to the wall? What shape was the wall in after you removed it? I'm debating a framed mirror or one glued to the wall, but I'm afraid if anything happens to the mirror the wall will be trashed taking it off.

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I have a similar color scheme in my bathroom with some diamond accents on the wall not the floor. My shower and tub are the same size too. Wish I had as much vanity/ countertop space as you.
    Do you have any before pictures?

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Very nice bathroom!!!

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi, Linelle -- The faucets and light fixtures are all Moen "Brantford" in chrome. Both original mirrors were glued and the new (replacement) plate mirror is glued. If I had wanted to do something other than the plate mirrors, the contractor would have opted to replace the drywall because the big "smooshes" of dried glue and rips in the drywall from removing the mirrors would have taken a lot of work to sand/repair.

Badgergal and Cat_Mom - Thank you! Here are "before" pictures:

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Photo #2 - it only shows a sliver of the "before" shower that had the fake cultured "marble" panels.

• adh673
    10 years ago

I love the detail in your shower. What kind of tiles did you use

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

adh673 -- Thank you! The tile came from The Tile Shop.

The main wall tile in the shower is Navona Travertine KB3301 (despite the name, it's actually a porcelain tile). We also used it on the floor of the bathroom and around the tub. It's a "rectified" tile so the tiler was able to give me the super thin grout lines I wanted.

The shower floor is Jinshan Bone P/F 5 cm.

The back of the niches is Jinshan Bone P/F 2 cm.

The diamond pieces in the mural is Sandlewood Monterrey -- they're a "puffed" travertine tile with beveled edges.

The border pieces framing the mural and the shower niches is Jinshan Bone/Sand Hon.

The bullnose border pieces finishing the entire shower area is Jinshan Bone Pol.

Our tiler used Technicolor grout by Tec for the entire shower area as it is stain, mold, and mildew resistant and never needs sealed.

We used granite from our counters for the top of the shower curb and the shelves in the niches (those were cut to half thickness).

Hope this is helpful!

• DreamingoftheUP
    10 years ago

Very, very nice! I really like the matching cabinetry for the tub apron with the matching tub deck and counter. Enjoy!