Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Leathered Antique Brown Granite with Calacatta Gold Honed

KevinMP
11 years ago

Some of you asked for more pictures of the granite I used in my bathroom remodel. I took some additional pictures, and hopefully you'll be able to get a sense of the texture and randomness of the stone. The picture with the hot water handle in it shows a greenish spot, but that spot is actually iridescent and looks like abalone. You'll see what appear to be cracks, but they're a natural part of the stone and are actually veining. It turns some people off, the granite yard told me, but I liked it.

It took me nearly two months to decide on something I could pair with the calacatta gold given that the marble was honed (not polished) and that it's difficult to match calacatta from different lots so every slab I looked at wasn't right. As I said in another post, I was torn between lagos azul and another variety of limestone and leathered antique brown (also called kohiba) and another granite called (allegedly) "titanium" in a leathered finish. I was afraid to use the limestone in the wet applications and the "titanium" was too white and only came in 3 cm slabs (too thick for a shower/tub surround).

Anyhow, antique brown is an awesome stone, and I had a hell of time finding it leathered in 2 cm thickness, but I prevailed eventually.

Here you go

{{gwi:1419062}}

{{gwi:1425374}}

{{gwi:1425376}}

{{gwi:1425378}}

{{gwi:1425380}}

{{gwi:1425382}}

{{gwi:1425384}}

{{gwi:1425386}}

{{gwi:1425387}}

(I'm fixing the caulking when the glass is installed, so no comments about the last picture.)

Comments (7)