Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leathered Antique Brown Granite with Calacatta Gold Honed

Posted by KevinMP (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 17:51

Some of you asked for more pictures of the granite I used in my bathroom remodel. I took some additional pictures, and hopefully you'll be able to get a sense of the texture and randomness of the stone. The picture with the hot water handle in it shows a greenish spot, but that spot is actually iridescent and looks like abalone. You'll see what appear to be cracks, but they're a natural part of the stone and are actually veining. It turns some people off, the granite yard told me, but I liked it.

It took me nearly two months to decide on something I could pair with the calacatta gold given that the marble was honed (not polished) and that it's difficult to match calacatta from different lots so every slab I looked at wasn't right. As I said in another post, I was torn between lagos azul and another variety of limestone and leathered antique brown (also called kohiba) and another granite called (allegedly) "titanium" in a leathered finish. I was afraid to use the limestone in the wet applications and the "titanium" was too white and only came in 3 cm slabs (too thick for a shower/tub surround).

Anyhow, antique brown is an awesome stone, and I had a hell of time finding it leathered in 2 cm thickness, but I prevailed eventually.

Here you go

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(I'm fixing the caulking when the glass is installed, so no comments about the last picture.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leathered Antique Brown Granite with Calacatta Gold Honed

STUNNING! What a personality in that stone. The leathered finish is a perfect pairing with that brown granite.

o

That is so unique! I love it!

o

I first saw leathered granite about 4 or 5 years ago in a parade home. Instantly fell in love with it! Your choice of granite and finish is absolutely beautiful!
Monica

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here