Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momotom_gw

Vanity Lighting - Help Me Please

momotom
12 years ago

I need help on choosing a vanity fixture for a new, transitional style bathroom. I'm seeking something that is unique, not like everything else that is out there and whose style will not scream "early 2010s" in 15 years. If you have any ideas or pictures of what you installed I would be greatful. The metal in the bathroom is brushed nickel. Thanks again.

Comments (5)

• Olychick
    12 years ago

Hard to make recommendations, not seeing your bath or knowing your taste and there are so many directions you could take. This is one I considered...until I decided to go with sconces. I liked that it was a bit different. It's a Kichler.

• momotom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh thanks so much! I saw them online but could not really make out the detail. They are elegant, but different and don't look like every other fixture out there. Definately putting them on the top of my so far empty list. Thanks again!

• jjaazzy
    12 years ago

Really no easy way around it I shopped for lights for months, I visited every single on-line store there was and walked into every store that was in my area. After awhile you will start to narrow things down a bit.

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Can you clarify what you mean by a style that screams "early 2010s"? It is difficult without pictures of your space or at least pictures of the products in your space to come up with a fixture that will be a good fit.

I went to a local lighting store with a plethora of catalogs and asked the sales person to help. He pulled out numerous catalogs with lighting that might fit my needs (halogen or xenon or led, brushed nickel/stainless, contemporary). I picked several that I liked and had my significant other choose the one(s) he liked best and decided from there.

I chose this Access Lighting light for two bathroom remodels (one in 4 light size one in 3 light size). I like the light mounted with the lights up rather than down. Many fixtures can go either way.
    {{gwi:1425093}}
    Access Lighting has numerous vanity lighting options.

I also really liked Minka Lavery / George Kovacs lighting. Here are a few that I liked, though they might be too contemporary as well.
    {{gwi:1425095}}

{{gwi:1425096}}

• momotom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much Prickly for including the lighting pictures above. There is actually something I saw on the Minka website that has possibility. To clarify, IMHO, all the lights that I see in stores and online look very similar to each other. 2-3-4 bulbs covered by a glass cover that is either white, milky or translucent. The bulb cover shapes seem to be variations of each other, straight sides, flaired sides, etc. The bulbs are all on bars which are straight or curved, pointing up or down and often both ways. I was hoping to find something a bit more unique. Nothing special at all about the bathroom or the proposed decor. It's a '60s split level hall bath. Thanks again,

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs