Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this bag of grout still good?

Posted by dedtired (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 17:07

Also posted this in the Flooring Forum.

I have an unopened 25 pound bag of sanded grout left over from a bathroom reno. It's been in a detached, unheated garage for two years. I normally do not store anything in there that may be harmed by dampness. The bag has never actually gotten wet.

When I squeeze the bag it is soft. Do you think it's still good? I can offer it for sale for a few bucks on a local yard sale page if it is.

What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this bag of grout still good?

Shelf life of cementitious grout is usually one year. And that's under ideal conditions.

o

Okay -- good bye grout.

o

You might want to save it for repairs or as a reference for a new bag for repairs.

You can always mix up a small portion when needed and make wire it still hardens and the color is acceptable.

It probably has about zero value to anyone else, but might come in very handy for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here