hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

Master Bathroom;

DOWNSTAIRS GUEST BATH:

UPSTAIRS GUEST/ BABY BATHROOM:

Comments (14)

• motherof3inct
    11 years ago

Hoboken - l love your decorating style. Your past bathroom renos are beautiful....and your latest 3 do not disappoint! Details please!

Motherof3inct

• shanghaimom
    11 years ago

Hoboken, they all look fanastic. Your subject line made me wait and open a few other posts first--kinda like saving a nice present.

All three are so different, your head must have been spinning, keeping things straight! I'm having a hard time with the details of one bathroom remodel.

The tub in you MB takes the cake. AWE. SOME.

Three thumbs up.

• enduring
    11 years ago

I am so glad you are posting these. I adore your master bath. Your other baths are so different, color wise, than your MB, I love that about your project. Each bath has it's own identity, so to speak. Will you post your elements in each room? I hope to find out the paint colors and the tile selections, especially that tile on the floor of you MB. A close up of your downstairs bath would be nice too:)

Fabulous job!

• Melanie2012
    11 years ago

They are all different but equally lovely! I like all your showers very much and the wall color in #3 is sweet! What is the counter in your Master and the wall tile please? Thanks and congrats.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok, here are the details.

MASTER BATH:
    All tile from Artistic Tile.
    Wall and floor tile is a porcelain wannabe. I think it's one of the best i've seen. It's called Exedra Calacutta. Floor is in 18 x 18s on the diagonal and the wall tile is 9 x 18 brick laid.

The feature tile is Danse Lucido Vetromarmi collection water jet tile with glass and calcutta marble.

The glass subways are Pavarotti Pearl.

The vanity is the 72" British Cane vanity from Modern bath.

The top is Carrara marble which came with the vanity. I thought it would clash horribly with the calcutta tile, but we actually really like the contrast and will probably keep it.

The tub is a Victoria & Albert lava stone soaking tub.

Toilet is the Toto Soirée one piece.

The wall color is Benjamin Moore Moonshine.

Light fixtures from Overstock.com

DOWNSTAIRS GUEST BATHROOM:

Vanity was already there - we repainted it 'Wenge' and put in two Toto sinks and Costa Esmarelda granite.

Floor is Crema Marfil and Dark Emperador hexagons. They sell it at Avalon Tile but we got ours from Glasstilestore.com for way less. I just LOVE it. The shower floor is crema marfil hexagons and the wall tile is a simple crema marfil 12 x 12 both from Garden State Tile.

Toilet is another Toto Soirée.

Wall color is Benjamin Moore Oatmeal.

UPSTAIRS GUEST BATH/ BABY'S BATHROOM:

Reused vanity painted white, added Toto sinks and a polished limestone counter top.

Floor is a porcelain slate effect red/ brown 12 x 12 which we had bought a ton of to do our sun room and then never used. It was super cheap at $1.99/ sqft. We laid it staggered on the diagonal.

Wall tile is Adex off white crackle subway from Garden State Tile.

The tub is the Kohler Devonshire.

Wall color is Sherwin Williams Autumnal.

We plan to put a fun and funky chandelier in this bathroom just to add a little more fun.

I figure it could be toned down in the future by painting it a quieter color, but for the baby's room we love it!

• raehelen
    11 years ago

Again, three more beautiful bathrooms! I wondered where the pumpkin wall colour came from, what an inspired choice, and then I saw the glass tile in the tub alcove!

Seeing your adept use of feature walls is reminding me how much I like them when I see them done well, and of course, now has be re-thinking my tile order! LOL

I have a question about the faucet location for the tub in your Master Bath. Do you have to climb into the tub to turn them on? I was assuming I'd have to place mine in a corner for access, and there are not as many choices in the Bain Ultra with drains at the end...

Thanks, Rae

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rae,
    The wall color in bath 3 actually came first, it's the exact color of some of the veining in the limestone countertop. Then when we decided to use that floor tile and decided to keep the wall color. The tile in the niche was an accidental find and the colors are absolutely perfect with the floor.

We do not have to get into the tub to turn on the faucet! It's actually quite easy to turn on and that's with our tub having a flared top. I guess just test it out with your tub? Ours lived in the basement for a while before install so we had a chance to practice various faucet options. I think these tubs are mainly designed for floor mount faucets, but I am not crazy about them and they are super expensive.

• busybee3
    11 years ago

nice bathrooms!
    i'm sure you probably know this, but in case you don't-- make sure you seal/keep sealed the crackle tile---i loved it when we were redoing a bathroom, but decided not to use it when i saw there were warnings with putting it in 'wet' areas- i guess mold/mildew has the tendency to grown in the crackles... keeping it sealed i think can help prevent it.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

All three are just beautiful! Your MB looks heavenly--like the perfect retreat from the world!

• sedeno77
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• suger4630
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing and for all of the details. It's so very helpful for me who is just starting a master remodel!

• jln5
    10 years ago

For the upstairs guest bathroom, is there any chance you recall where you purchased the orange and turquoise pattern shower curtain? We just started painting our guest bath an orange color (mesa sunrise) and I think that shower curtain would be awesome. Thanks!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Hobo - you are amazing and that master bath - wow!!
    We are just thinking of doing ours - they need it but over spent on the kitchen so in a long planning stage.
    I want that tile in my new bath so will have to clip your post!

Zowie (maybe I should change my handle to Zowie from a2gemini)

Congratulations!!