Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help selecting tub/shower system

Posted by sleevepresto (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 16:23

We are remodeling a small bathroom off my daughter's bedroom. It has a standard 5' tub/shower combo. We need a good recommendation for a tub/shower system that isn't going to break the bank - at some point it becomes overkill for a small secondary bathroom. I would like a shower head on a slide bar so that it can be removed to help clean the shower walls. Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand/style that is a good quality yet not priced too high? I know price is a subjective, but please, give me your recommendations. I've been on faucetdirect going around and around... Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help selecting tub/shower system

Look at Symmons I have heard good things about this product.

Here is an address to a nice setup:
http://www.symmons.com/Bathroom-Products/Dia/Symmons-Dia-Tub-Hand-Shower-System-S-3504-H321-V-CYL-B.aspx

and another in the same style but includes a shower head as well as a hand shower:
http://www.symmons.com/Bathroom-Products/Dia/Symmons-Dia-Shower-Hand-Shower-System-3505-H321-V-CYL-B.aspx

Good luck.

o

We used Grohe throughout our previous home - I think we had the Atria style (or maybe that's what we got this time, not sure). We did have to replace a valve or two over the 26 years we lived there, but that's all.

o

We had Delta In2ition in our last house. It combines a standard showerhead with a handheld-the best of both worlds. It was a very economical option--more economical than the slide bar option. Plus there is no drilling into the tile/shower surround for install. Its as simple as changing out a standard shower head. I've posted the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta In2ition

o

Take a look at some of the American Standard products. Build.com seem to have a good selection at reasonable prices. I just bought the "Serin" package and -- except for the chrome-plated plastic shower head -- everything else is metal and heavy duty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here