Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
custom shower details - need advice

Posted by phylhl (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 16:12

Hi - we're in the final stage of planning the master bath and placing all the orders.

The countertop will be ivory supreme granite, which looks like a marble and is quite white, with grey.

The floor tile and shower tile will be a dark-ish gray - slate-looking tile. The shower walls white large format subway and accent panel, niches in marble.

There will be a bench as this will be a steam shower.

Question 1 - for the face of the bench - do I continue the 2x2 gray floor tile or switch to white subway?

Question 2 - for the shower door vertical edges - do i use more of the granite/solid surface or the white bullnose?

The shower door threshold will be granite as will the top of the knee wall be granite. Glass door and glass above the kneewall.

Question 3 - from the main floor up to the shower threshold - do i tile that in white or the gray?

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: custom shower details - need advice

1)I prefer to use the wall tile on the face of the bench.
2)Your choice
3)What are you doing in the rest of the bathroom where the wall meets the floor?

o

we are not planning to tile the bathroom walls - just wall and wood baseboard at the bottom. The vanity goes end to end on one wall, the 2nd wall is the windowed wall, 3rd wall is the toilet and entry and 4th wall is the shower and closet.

Thanks for your input - was toying with using the wall tile on the face of the bench.

for question 2 - what is typically done, any idea?

thanks again!

o

one more question about this - the shower will have a knee wall beside it, glass on top. If I tile between the shower threshold and the floor, do I continue that wall tile across the knee wall also?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here