Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Help me with these bathroom paint colors and finishes.

enduring
11 years ago

Thanks you for taking the time to read this post. I am cross posting it in the Home Decoration forum too.

Some of you may have seen my bathroom remodel plan. Here it is in another stage of development - color. I have all the tile (walls-white field, floor-black slate, listello-mixture of whitish blue almost onyx like marble) and soapstone and I am trying to settle on paint and the color of my tub.

I have 2 paint colors selected here that I think will go together. The wall color is BM Metallic Silver. I plan to paint it at the 4' mark above the white tile wainscot and onto the ceiling. The ceiling is 7' tall only. I have wanted to paint my cabinet, that will hold my soapstone sink, in another color to add interest. The stone has a mossy green, whitish tan veining mixed in the standard dark gray of the soapstone. The green I picked looks very nice with the stone and the marble listello, it is BM Iced Marble.

So my questions are:

1) What do you think of this mix of the 2 paint colors, BM Metallic Silver and BM Iced Marble? In my elevation I tried to depict the colors as best I could.

2) What do you think of the Kohler Sea Salt finish for the tub that will be next to the white tile? The other very tiny sample of Kohler finish in upper left corner is their standard white. I love the Sea Salt and it looks wonderful with the marble and the soapstone. Both of the samples, Sea Salt and White, have a slight warm off white color to them. The Sea Salt has a webbing of white overlaying the warm under tone. Both look good with the white I think. But, is it too much? And is it just not the best with the white field tile that will sit next to it in the alcove?

Elevation of my plan:

{{gwi:1424241}}

Color and materials for my BR remodel:

{{gwi:1424243}}

Sea Salt finish on the Kohler tub I am considering:

{{gwi:1424245}}