Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sofla_gw

Finished White Thasso Master Bathroom

sofla
10 years ago

Big thanks to you all for the inspiration and education.

After impact windows installed, the room was gutted and plumbing shower relocated. Watercloset was removed to bring in more light and replaced with pony wall.

Materials: White Thasso floor and walls 18in. Sealer: bullet by Dupont.
Shower floor: carerra mosaic.
counter and tub deck; statuary marble
Vanities: custom , wall hung
medicine cabinet: robern uplift, and custom
Sconces: Waterworks Opus
lighting under vanity: rope
Tub: Jason air masseur
Paint: Ben Moore Tundra on walls , Decorator white on Ceiling.
Fixtures, tub, shower, thermostat control , Italian: Webert
Handheld: handsgrohl
Shower head: Speakman
Toilet: Toto ultramax, comfort height, 1.6.gmax
Washlet: toto 200.
exhaust fans: panasonic quiet whisper

This post was edited by sofla on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 16:17

Comments (20)

• sofla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

the link in first post should now work.

This post was edited by sofla on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 16:26

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

I'm not seeing a link in the OP. Found it! You have to click on the View All box.

This post was edited by nhbaskets on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 16:39

• abfabamy
    10 years ago

Stunning! I absolutely love the medicine cabinets, both the corner and the uplift. I did not know there was such a thing as an uplift medicine cabinet...now I MUST have one, LOL!

The finishes are beautiful together! Enjoy!!

• treasuretheday
    10 years ago

Oh my that is a gorgeous, luxurious bathroom! The marble is simply stunning. I love the floating vanities and all of the great storage. Is that a PB Clarissa over your tub?

You must be in love with your beautiful space!

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Had to look over multiple times as it is stunning! The corner medicine cabinet is a great idea. Love your marble and I'm having serious envy about your tub. Can I make my reservation now? Enjoy!

• enduring
    10 years ago

This is a beautiful job, using creativity and great materials too. Have many years of trouble free and soothing experiences.

• shanghaimom
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the clean-lined aesthetic. Your tub deck makes it look like a very luxe hotel.

Nice, Nice, Nice. Enjoy!!!

• sofla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone for the compliments. The chandelier is Crystalrama, purchased on line through One Kings Lane.

• raehelen
    10 years ago

I love it! Luxurious and simple at the same time! I would love to see a layout of your bathroom... and how wide are are vanity drawers? We are also having a custom made vanity with drawers only, and it looks like yours may be the same size. (I see by relooking at your photos, that you have two vanities with drawers---are they both the same size?)

• sofla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. My husband's vanity is 42in. and Mine is the L shape, a little bigger, 43 in drawer, 45 in wide vanity.

• lascatx
    10 years ago

Have you used that tub yet? Which model is it? Looks very much like what we plan to do with our tub. My plans have been delayed, but I hope to get going again soon.

• sofla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

lascatx, finally got to use the tub! It is Jason , air masseur, forma , rectangle, 60 in long. I got to sit in it at the showroom but it was the 72 in one. The 66 x 36 x 22 in. 1.5 lip, undermount. The interior of the tub is 60 in and is perfect for me as my feet rest at the other end which stops me from sliding down and keeps me positioned upright. Very deep and plenty room. I didn't have to fill it as high as I did in my soaking tub that it replaced because the bubbles make the water rise. I was pleasantly surprised that the blowers warm the water and keep the temperature hot throughout the duration of the bath. My old tub would get cool quick and I'd have to run hot water if I soaked long. I have the standard control, no Chromo lighting. There is a full setting which is full force bubbles, another lighter setting for waves. The lighter setting I find more relaxing. I have never owned a jet tub, but the air tub does not have the jet force directed on a specific body part like in a hot tub. If your husband wants the jet force on his lower back or to put your feet up on the jet than the whirlpool bath would be for you. There was no difficulty with the install.

• suger4630
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! Did you design the space yourself or have help designing and choosing materials, etc? What type of contractor did the actual work? I'm in the planning stages now and am inspired by your design and finishes!

• lascatx
    10 years ago

That does sound like one we are looking at -- either in 66 or 72 length. And I want to undermount it -- probably in marble or something similar. I am tall, so interior length is one of the deciding factors.

DH has never really liked the whirlpool jets. They are too much for him. I have some neck problems and while part of me likes the idea of the massage jets and even the neck pillow with jets on some of the tubs, the best you can do is have jets where you think you will most likely need them and still try to be leaning or twisting to hit some spot a scooch over or wish there wasn't one where it annoys you the rest of the time. I think the bubbles will be fine and relaxing, especially with the warmed blowers they have now. My whirlpool cools the water so fast! We will both enjoy that feature. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Wow that's beautiful! Another inspiration to add to my folder!

• sofla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pixe1, I had used a designer. A GC that I had used previously handled the demo and redesign and subs. The designer brought in the marble installers for the counter and floor/walls. I am in South Fl is anyone wants referrals.

• ctkathy
    10 years ago

Would it be possible to get some more info about your marble tile? The Thassos: is that the pure white and did you order it from a regular tile store and could you give me an idea of the sq ft. price. If not a tile store, could you tell me where you sourced it?

Love the light fixture. Did not know that 1 KL had the Chrystalrama Calypso! It is about $900 at lighting shops or on line. Wish I had seen that, too.

Enjoy your beautiful bath.

• sofla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ctkathy, the chandelier cost 399.00 through One Kings Lane back in Nov. It was called the Casey chandelier 12 inches. THe paper work with it is exactly the calypso. I was lucky to buy it then and happy it worked out over the tub. If it didn't work out there I would install it in the bedroom. I purchased a second three light chandelier from OKL by cystalrama for the bedroom. The white thasso is from a marble dealer, that also carries the large floor tiles. I would suggest to you to buy it local where you can inspect the tiles to make sure they are pure white, and hire a marble installer and not anyone without marble experience. The white thasso marble tiles were prepared first with a white layer mud under each tile so when set in the thin set doesn't bleed dark into the tile. The installation cost more than installing tile. If you are in So Fl would be happy to email you more details.

• el-eclectic
    10 years ago

Hi Sofia,

Your bathroom is stunning. I also live in South Fl, Jupiter to be exact, and the picture of the Jason tub you posted looked like the one at Miller hardware. I have found your reviews so helpful and am happy to hear you are pleased with your tub.. can I ask where you purchased it, and if you shop it at all. Love the marble have found a couple of slabs I love and now working on tile. Your bathroom has been a wonderful inspiration, so kind of you to go to the trouble to post and offer so much info.
    Thanks

• sofla
    Original Author
    10 years ago

el-eclectic. Thank you for your compliment. The Jason tub is from Miller. I found Miller( Lindsay assisted me) to be helpful and they have a great showroom as you know.
    Considering the big expense of the tub, I wanted to purchase it where they will stand behind their product and provide the assistance along the way. I had a discount with a designer. Purchased the lighting, faucets,toilet, washlet, med cabinet from them as well. I had to have a faucet cartridge replaced and another faucet had a nic which was replaced immediately with no trouble. If you have any questions, contact me.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area