Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
revka

Any opinions on Aquasource brand toilet?

revka
15 years ago

I'm considering an "Aquasource" which is only $118. Aquasource is Lowe's brand toilet. The sales clerk said their high performance Aquasource had a higher "flush rating" than the Kohler... by some independent study. At half the price of the Kohler Highline, it's certainly a bargain if the toilet is any good. Anyone ever heard of this brand?

Comments (30)

• coffeehound
    14 years ago

Just found this website. It looks great. Wondering if you have had any responses to your inquiry on Aquasource toilets. Did you buy? I'm looking to replace ours.

• revka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Coffeehound- I couldn't find any reviews on Aquasource at this website, and Lowes customer service was not able to tell me much about their Aqausource toilets accept that one of them is imported from Canada and the others were imported from China.

I also found out the "flush" ratings I previously mentioned above are not from an independent study, but are based on the Lowes customer ratings posted at their website. To give Lowes credit I do believe (based on my own experience) that Lowes (unlike Home Depot) will post a bad rating on a particular product if you submit one.

Aquasource offers a "lifetime warranty"; however when I called the Aquasoruce customer service number, I was told they did not carry any parts for the Aqauasoruce model I was considering, which was imported from China; and if I were to ever have a problem with it, I'd have to go back the the local Lowes store where I purchased the toilet to get the matter resolved with the store manager. Anyway due to these factor and too many unknowns, I decided not to go with the Aquasource.

Instead I purchased a Kohler Highline which has been working perfectly. Good luck with your decision.

• darrell_tafoya_store_lowes_com
    13 years ago

I need a instruction manual for a Aquasource toilet bowl bottom Item # 311173

• bmcquillan_sbcglobal_net
    13 years ago

I bought a new aquq source toilet seat and within a month the bottom side of the seat and the cover turned BLUE. lowe's would not take it back and they had no address for the company other than a Hong Cong phone number. I would not buy anything of that brand again plus I would not trust Lowe's again. it's a shame that sales mean more than customer service and satisfaction.

• RBurdyn1_cox_net
    12 years ago

I have a one piece Aquasource toilet, "two speed" water saver. It works great but has a cheap hose clip inside the tank that will come lose and has flooded the bathroom twice. I will have to use some wire ties to hold the clip on the tube. If you buy one, make sure the hose is secure to the tube. I do not know if they have a fix.

• countrysidematt_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Do not buy Aqua source toilet because to find parts is impossible I checked every where nobody has those

• Proctor
    12 years ago

About a month ago, the senior citizen apartment building where I live, installed an Aqua Source extra tall toilet for me. When I first flushed it, I said there was no way it would be able to handle a large stool. Wellll, I've had to eat my words because this is the best toilet I have ever had, and at 75 years there have been more than a few. With a slight swish and a gulp everything disappears, and very little water has been used.

When I saw our maintenance man, I said, "I love my toilet!" He said that no one had ever told him that they loved their toilet before. My cat, "Blitzie" doesn't like it though. There are no longer gallons of water swirling around for him to watch.

To get to the point, buy it, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by its' performance.

• Vern Irwin
    6 years ago

I own an "AquaSource", tall commode for handy capped use.

It is very poorly designed.

OK-- bathroom plungers "ARE ROUND" --the exit opening in the bottom of this commode is trapezoid shaped. In order for a plunger to work you have to be able to get a seal between the rubber plunger end and the exit area of the commode and this can not be done with this kind of engineering. HAS ANYONE EVER SAW A PLUNGER WITH A TRAPEZOID SHAPED WORKING END?? I didn't think so. Only an idiot would design a commode like this. Who would ever think of checking on something like this when buying a commode? You don't discover something like this until it is too dammed late.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING AQUASOURCE PRODUCTS.

• Denvip Davis Sr.
    6 years ago

My three aquasource tall toilet are terrible, all three has a strong urine odor coming from them, I've cleaned them inside and out, change the wax seal twice and nothing seems to help. I've try the Clorox bleach tablet but nothing help. Going back to name brand units. Talk to Lowe's about this issue but no help offered.

• HU-86683073182
    5 years ago

We bought (2) of these toliets for replacements in our bathrooms. They work fine but one of them has rust spots starting in the bowl and no amount of cleaning makes it go away.

• chalinwacker
    5 years ago

Don’t get Aquasource toilets! We have one and their is a HORRIBLE smell (can’t even describe it. Very odd) It’s been months. We’ve had several plumbers come and no one can find what it is specifically. The smell is def coming from the toilet. We have done everything under the sun to clean it. Nothing. I have also saw other reviews with this similar problem. No help from Lowe’s or company. Oh also the parts are very hard to find.

• User
    5 years ago

Got three, all working fine...one clog in 5 years, and the plunger did just fine.

• mfd1027
    5 years ago

Have three of these toilets going on four years now. We have the button that flushes on top. love them. Have never had a problem.

• HU-575587607
    5 years ago

Pro: they never clog

Con: the internal flush kits could be better

The Aquasource toilets I bought in 2013 are an incredible value. I own three town homes, each unit has two bathrooms and two units are used by renters, I live in the third; 6 toilets total for less than $100 each. What I am most amazed by is that in 5 years, none of them have ever clogged. The model I got have 3 inch flapper valves, sadly the newest offering is a 2 inch valve which is why I think there are some unhappy campers; the smaller 2 inch flapper valve translates to less flush power. My only sob story, after 4 years I noticed the tank gaskets and flapper in all 6 went bad so I went on Amazon and bought 3 inch flapper replacement kits from Fluidmaster for $20 each. I asked Lowes and a few plumbers, they said depending on the water quality most internals don't last longer than 2 years, personally I found that hard to believe so hopefully I have better luck with Fluidmaster. The replacement kits were fast to install and ever since it's been worry free no clog operation. I also set a reminder in my calendar to check the back of the toilets yearly. Even with the replacements I am all in $110 each for a never clog toilet. My advice, buy the toilet and the Fluidmaster kits on day 1, install and forget about it.

• Fred Johnson
    5 years ago

I installed two of their oval bowl "right height" toilets in my former house and 3 more just like them in my son's house. I'm about to install another 3 of these in my new house. They work extremely well and we have NEVER plugged one up. They use standard flush and fill parts available anywhere. As for the tank and bowl, these are so cheap that you can just buy another complete toilet for what other brands charge for just one or two parts. I bought a replacement tank for my American Standard and it cost me just over $100 for just the tank and lid. A lid alone is $55. They clean easy. Flush well, and come complete with everything including the seat for right around $100. When I remodeled the bathrooms in my former house, I installed two American Standard oval bowl toilets. About a month later they started leaking through the flapper in the flush tank. I went to Home Depot (where I originally purchased them) and they didn't have the replacement parts. I called American Standard and they sent the parts. I received them 15 days later. A month later they were leaking again. The chlorine that the town put in the water was making them swell and warp. When I spoke to American Standard, they told me that they would just keep sending me new flappers until my warranty ran out, but that they had no permanent fix. I ripped out the American Standard toilets and installed the Aqua Source toilets and never had another problem.

• HU-838762299
    4 years ago

This toilet is junk!! I wouldn’t wish thing on an enemy. You like to flush your toilet don’t buy this. It won’t flush urine without plunging. Just water? Still plunging!! The worse investment I’ve ever made!!! Don’t believe me go buy one but get a good sturdy plunger too. You’re going to need it every time you flush no matter what!

• HU-166352611
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

THIS TOILET IS A WASTE OF MONEY , i HAVE TRIED TO GET PARTS FOR 5 MOUTHS AND MY TOILET IS RUNNING. LOWE'S SOLD ME FOUR DIFFERENT PARTS, AND EACH PART DIDN'T FIX OR WORK. LOWE'S DOESN'T SELL THE AUTHENTIC PARTS FOR THIS TOILET, NOR DO THEY CARE ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS YOU ARE HAVING. BUY ALL MEANS!..... DO NOT BUY THE AQUASOURCE TOILET. i WILL NOT SHOP AT LOWE'S EVERY AGAIN .

• HU-31485582
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

My AquaSource Watersense toilet never made any sounds (except when flushing of course) but now about once every hour it will run for about 30 seconds. Is that ok or does it need some sort of fix? I don't see any leaking or any other problem.

• Mike F
    3 years ago

The toilet works fine but flushing never seems to clean the poop off the bowl. Everything seems to stick to it. Awful! This toilet falls in the you get what you pay for category.

• HU-344941301
    3 years ago

Its like anything people, you get exactly what you pay for. Anything and I mean anything, made in china is going to be quality compromised, period!

• HU-450683177
    3 years ago

I bought 3 for a house remodel and regret it. There is a black swirl mark that has developed in the bowl. It's like where the water flows all around back into toilet. It will not come out. This is in the one used most. The other too have developed water ring stains that won't come out. The porcine seal is horrible on these toilets. I have three toilets to replace and throw over $600 down the toilet!!!! Lowe's and Aquasource will do nothing about it. Do not buy anything from this company and Lowe's for not backing their exclusive line product.

• HU-421885832
    3 years ago

The WORST TOILET ever made. Look at it cross eyed and it clogs up. It simply doesn't have enough water to flush anything more than urine. Having two of them is both a blessing and a curse. Usually, if one is clogged the other is okay. You worried about your stress level? Don't

buy this toilet.

• HU-158961008
    2 years ago

I have an AquaSource toilet that I purchased from Lowe's in East Mesa, Arizona on October 13, 2013 and installed it a couple of days later. I'm a snowbird and only come to Arizona for a couple of months a year so it hasn't had much use or certainly not fully used. The flush valve has develloped a slow leak down the center flush area which means that the fill valve is running to keep up with the leak. I've looked for a new flush valve all over Mesa and have also gone to plumbing parts stores but nobody carries any AquaSource toilet parts at all. What a USELESS company. Not supplying any parts to repair their product? That's NOT confidence, that's STUPIDITY!!!! So I called the toll free number and talked to Luis (April 26, 2021) at AquaSource and he tells me that he would love to help me but their warranty only lasts for 1 year and the parts have all be discontinued. So the only way I can repair this is..............NOPE,.......Can't be done. Throw it away and buy another. Well, I'll certainly do that but it won't be with another AquaSource. If you have the chance to buy this product, run far away. Don't do it. They don't stand behind their product. Worst of all, Luis didn't offer ANY kind of resolution to THEIR OWN FAULTY PRODUCT!!!

I bought: AquaSource High-Efficiency Dual-F;lush Toilet, Item number 0274044, Model number T801.

Very poor customer service. I recommend you buy a different product.

Karl

• HU-571343872
    2 years ago

AquaSource High-Efficiency Dual-Flush Toilet, Item number 0274044, Model number T801. I have the same toilet and flush valve failed. Bought a similar valve at Home Depot made for a Glacier Bay toilet. Worked fine. I just had to shorten the rods on the flush button that came with it. everything else fit. Much easier than replacing the toilet. I think most any flush valve of that type could be adapted.

• Alice Howe
    2 years ago

My suggestion re: the purchase of an Aquasource toilet is

DON'T!!! We had 3 new ones intalled in the bathrooms of our new house soon after we moved in. It didn't help that the plumber installing them failed to read the notice in the tank - 'cut elastic band' before flushing. Once that had been remediate not 1 of these toilets has enough 'flush power' to clear the bowl.

• Bill Julian
    last year

We have had two for almost 4 years. Absolutely love them. Highly reccomend.

• Rev Russ Dixon
    last year

I will never purchase another aquasource brand. I have a 6 month old toilet, THE BOWL BROKE! normal use in a home of 3.

• HU-45981796794
    14 days ago

Aquasource toilets suck,I have to flush three to four time to get the poop out of bowl

• Randy ONeil
    2 days ago

I think there are AS toilets must be sourced from different manufacturers. Some are high quality, others, maybe from China are disasters. Mine functions like the ones receiving the worst reviews. Stay away from this brand. Pay a little more for a toilet from trusted manufacturer.