Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Install wall exhaust fan at the bottom of bathroom window ?

Posted by johns19820 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 14:54

i need to install a wall exhaust fan in my bathroom (shower area). the shower area has a glass window (2.5 feet width and 7 feet height).

can i install the exhaust fan at the bottom of the window (just a few inches above a floor) ? will this still help in circulating air and removing moisture from the bathroom ?

generally i have always seen such fans install towards the ceiling. the main idea to install it at the bottom was that it looks quite ugly and installing it at the bottom kind of hides it. ceiling installation not possible.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Install wall exhaust fan at the bottom of bathroom window ?

It won't work, really. Steam rises so it is most effective near the ceiling.

o

Not only will it not work, but a window in a shower is guaranteed water damage sooner or later. There's no good way to accomplish waterproofing a window.

o

Have you looked at the Panasonic Whisper Quiet fans? They are nice to look at and you don't hear them running. The fan needs to be as high up as you can put it.

-Babka

o

Maybe look for a more attractive design. I found this (don't know a thing about it) and don't know if it works for an exterior wall.

Here is a link that might be useful: disappearing fan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here