Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trying to fit washer dryer in Bathroom, ideas?

Posted by nuttychewz (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 10 at 14:45

Hi, thanks for your time in advance.
I am trying to get either a stackable front load or somekind of under counter washer/dryer in my bathroom. I would like to do this the simplest way possible (ie keep toilet, shower, and sinks where they are and if putting washer under counter use new cabinets with same sinks). I need to have two sinks in the bathroom. If there are no solution then I am willing to do more work (move toilet, change tub, etc..) but prefer to keep it as simple as possible.

I have pictures here so you can get a better idea.
The room measures 11ft long by 7ft wide. The bath tub is 4x4 and the sinks come out 24" and are seven feet long. The door swings open and leaves another foot or so to play with before it would hit a cabinet if one was put there.

So far I thought of stacking up a washer dryer across the toilet and fit a double sink vanity next to it. Problem is most washer/dryers are too deep and come too close to the front of toilet. Also it doesnt leave much room for the double vanity.
I thought of moving the bath tub (getting smaller one) closer to the toilet and putting a stackable in its original space. That doesnt work because the tub is very close to the toilet and it leaves a very narrow space between it and the sinks.

Any ideas?

Pictures at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49312457@N07/sets/72157623854579424/detail/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trying to fit washer dryer in Bathroom, ideas?

Funny, I hate having our washer & dryer in the bathroom. Previous owners relocated the laundry from our first level to the second by converting a small 4th bedroom into a bathroom-laundry combination and I hate it. It looks tacky and can be very inconvenient to do laundry when the bathroom is in use. I plan on separating the two spaces.

Also, you might get more responses if you post your pictures into the thread or at least attach the link to your post. (option becomes available after previewing script once) I know I'm usually in a rush when I pop in, so I don't look at pictures if I can't just open a link for a quick peek.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here