Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with masterbath tiles~~ !!

Posted by blueyoung (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 14:43

I'm buying a new construction house. At first I thought it was great since I get to pick whatever I like. It turns out to be real pain! First, I can't get whatever I like since the builder charge way too much! Second, even it's cheap, the contractor they use may not have the brand or product I like!

Anyway, after a weeks of research and struggling I have accepted the reality.

The only tile brand we can get is Dal tile. And I found this tile from home depot that looks like a winner.

I'm so confused because of the info on the website. Has anyone used this tile? what do you use for the floor?
I think a lot people used Navelli, but I couldn't find it on Homedepot's website, any thoughts of this one?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-Cararra-10-in-x-14-in-Ceramic-Wall-Tile-14-58-sq-ft-per-case-MA031014HD1P2/203183266#.UX6zKaJ3apY

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with masterbath tiles~~ !!

There is a matching floor tile, also on the HD website -- look beneath the tile description for more variations.

Have you seen the tile in person? It's impossible to tell from a website what it really looks like. You cannot see what the sheen is or whether the pattern repeats too closely from tile to tile (a dead giveaway that it's not real stone).

Can you use ANY Daltile or just certain ones? Daltile offers a lot of lines that aren't offered at HD or Lowe's. A "real" tile or flooring shop should be able to show you at least some of them.

o

DalTile has a lot of really good quality, classic tile that I think will do very well for any house. I would pick these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-2-in-x-4-in-White-Mosaic-Wall-Tile-010024BWHD1P2/203213517#.UX8B3SufGDo

with one of these for the floor:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-12-in-x-12-in-White-Ceramic-Octagon-Dot-Mosaic-Tile-65012OCT01CC1P2/100187756#.UX8BtCufGDo

OR

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-Glazed-Porcelain-13-in-x-13-in-Concrete-Connection-Steel-Structure-Tile-CN9113131P6/202623220#.UX8CvyufGDo

And use the same pale gray grout for walls and floor. Most designers go for simple white tile because it always works. You don't have to overthink it.

o

Here is a pic of a bathroom done with white 2x4 wall tile and hexagon floor tile that looks like what I was thinking you should try. Good luck whatever you choose.

Here is a link that might be useful: White tile bathroom

o

If you look through the reviews and customer pictures on the HD website you can get a sense of how much variation there is in the tile patterns. The description doesn't say, but the pictures look like it is a polished rather than matte finish. It looks like it could be a nice, cost effective choice - winner in my book.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here