Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite vanity with a carrara marble floor - granite colors?

Posted by marbobeli (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 14:30

Hi All,
I'm a new member but have spent several years scouring these forums for ideas and advice for past renovations. It's my "go to" site when I have a question about paint color, technique or want to see inspriation photos. Presently, we're redoing a bathroom and are trying to make some final decisions on our vanity top.

We are installing a honed carrara marble basketweave with a green dot for the floor. The green is called Verde Laguna and the color ranges from a dark to a medium gray green in the sample we had. We can't decide if we should go with a granite vanity top that has some green it is or maybe a darker gray? The only thing we can agree on is that it needs to be a granite. (teenaged daughter - 'nuff said) ;)

Would love to hear what you think. Any of you use granite top with a marble floor? Which granites work well? Should we go green-ish, gray-ish, black-ish? Up until now the choices have been easy. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite vanity with a carrara marble floor - granite colors?

I think we need more of a vision of your room. Can you post a photo of your bathroom vanity and a sample of the flooring?

What are your other proposed colors for the room? Is it a painted cabinet or stained/natural wood and what colors? What is the style you're aiming for? If it's for a teenage daughter, what is the likely wall color? How much tile will you use on the walls?

Below is the link on how to post pictures. The GardenWeb person who wrote it asks that no one post on that strand.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Post Photos

o

My interior designer selected mother of pearl quartzite to go with my Carrara floors. Not in yet but it's lovely - a greenish gray.

o

I'm using White River granite for a bathroom remodel. It's a lighter granite that complements the pale green mosaic tile we're using the shower.

You can see pictures of the White River in this thread: White River granite

o

I just remodeled my bathroom and used calacatta gold. Although it's predominantly grey in veining and very white compared to carrara, the veining has a lot of dark brown at times, which gave me a little more options.

I spent forever trying to find a granite or quartzite to match. I finally came across antique brown in a leathered finish, which was awesome, but I had to scour the metropolitan area to find it in 2 cm.

If you'd like to see that contrast/option, see below.

Here is a link that might be useful: My granite selection

o

@colorfast, the vanity will be shaker style cabinetry, custom made. The lighting and fixtures are brushed nickel. it's a rather small bathroom (4'4" x 7'4") in a traditional Cape Cod home from the early 1960s. We like BM Gray Owl for the walls. The only wall tile is the white subway in the tub surround.
My concerns about cosmetics etching a marble countertop has me looking at other options.

o

@dvarnell, i'm glad to see that i'm not the first to want to pair carrara marble with another stone. would love to see photos once your mother of pearl quartzite is installed - it sounds lovely!

o

We also are using mother of pearl quartzite on counters. We have calacatta porcelain on floor and walls of two bathrooms for precisely the same reasons as you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here