Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easy-clean toilet for children

Posted by cucinamia (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 14:24

I am trying to pick a toilet for the bathroom that our boys will use (currently 12 and 6) and that serves as our guest room, especially for our 70+ year-old parents. I want the easiest to clean toilet (one-piece, skirted, pop-off seat??).
I have two additional issues - it ideally would fit both a 6-year-old (I read that their poop falls in a different spot and can be harder to flush?? :-) and a 71-year-old man.
And my bathroom is super narrow, so it needs to be as compact as possible, although I like the elongated seat since 3 of the primary users are men.
Sigh. I'm leaning towards the Toto Ultramax II and also saw the Kohler Santa Rita. Thoughts? (I'm leaning towards the Carlyle II for our bathroom if you have experience!)
Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easy-clean toilet for children

Well, we have 2 Toto Vespin IIs. Skirted design, high seat, elongated, great flush. My 6 yr old uses it fine (no poop falling in a weird place issues)...

Maybe check into that option.

o

Thanks for this recommendation. I'd still prefer a one-piece for my boys and cleaning (ugghhh) and it's a tad long (I'm trying to stay under 28") but it's always nice to have input from someone (esp a 6-year-old!) who has used it.

o

Having two children (now 18 & 20) having an old 80's toilet there was never an issue with cleaning. As my son got older I noticed drips on the floor. New toilets didn't change anything. For me cleaning the toilet doesn't change by who uses it. For me the issue is wiping the floor everyday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here