Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seek recommendation of a good grout sealant.

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 14:19

The wall tiles and floor tiles of my two bathrooms have been finished. Would you please recommend a good grout sealant? Is Aqua Mix Sealers Choice Gold - Quart very good?

Any input or sharing of experience is greatly appreciated.

This post was edited by janesylvia on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 14:20

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seek recommendation of a good grout sealant.

We used STT's SB solvent based sealer on the stone tile and the grout in our most recently renovated bathrooms. It is very easy to apply, and has extremely minimal odor. I also used it to seal the travertine floor tile and grout in our FR/guest bedroom/entryway. A big job made easier with our choice of sealer! It does a great job, too. The White Thassos lining the niches in our tub surrounds looks as good as it did the day it was installed.

o

Thank you so much, cat_mom. Where can I buy the STT's SB solvent based sealer?

o

First container I purchased from someone on JB forum, but the second one I purchased directly from the site/developer/owner of the company. His name is Stephen (sp?) and he was very helpful.

I really found it to be very easy to use, and it's held up well so far.

o

Thank you very much, cat_mom. I saw it on the website of
http://shop.sttsealers.net/product.sc?productId=13&categoryId=2
Is it the best way to use a paintbrush to apply the sealer? Can it also be used to seal the marble which is the decorative trim between the wall tiles? Thanks.

This post was edited by janesylvia on Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 1:48

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here