Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is there a 36 x 36 cast iron shower pan?

Posted by lori_inthenw (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 12 at 14:19

Not a lot of options in that size, I know. I found the Kohler Archer, but only in acrylic. Anyone know of others?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is there a 36 x 36 cast iron shower pan?

You might want to check out one made by Sunrise Specialty that's almost 36 in. by 36 in. This is from their catalog "... #891 shower pan which measures 35 1/2" length, 35 1/2" width, 6" height. Cast iron construction and anti-slip bottom for safety." Sunrise has a reputation for making good quality cast iron clawfoot tubs and I imagine that extends to their shower pans as well. Vintage Tub and Bath sells the #891 along with accoutrements. Search on www.vintagetub.com.

If you have room for a 48 in. by 36 in. one, Kohler makes the Kathryn. Search for "Kathryn shower base" on www.us.kohler.com.

hth!

Here is a link that might be useful: #891 construction specs from Sunrise site

o
RE: is there a 36 x 36 cast iron shower pan?

Thanks for the link. With that bowl shape, though, the standing room shrinks quite a bit compared to the more "square" acrylic ones I've seen. I'm also considering Swanstone, but cast iron would be nice. Can't squeeze another foot out of the adjacent room, though!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here