Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marble Sealer

Posted by leeseebr (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 13:48

I have marble throughout my bathroom. It was sealed when installed almost a year ago. I believe I need to reseal each year or so. Can anyone recommend a sealer to use - preferably an easy one to apply?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marble Sealer

leeseebr-

I'm popping over from kitchens, where we have many, many fans of Porous Plus 511. My marble kitchen counters sealed with it, as are 2 bathroom counters. I couldn't be happier.

I'm not sure what the process would be for removing your old sealer before using the Porous Plus 511. You'd have to check on that.

Also, I always apply 3 coats, with 72 hours in between each coat. This was something I picked up on the forum, and my counters are bulletproof as far as staining. The directions on the bottle are a little different. You may want to do a test area.

o

I keep hearing Dry Treat is the best sealant and DuPont's Bulletproof a close 2nd.

o

I just put Dupont Bulletproof on all my marble (2 bathroom floors and kitchen counters). Still loving it.

o

Please don't use Dry Treat unless you have tested it on a spare tile or something. What I've seen changes the texture of the stone. There was also a thread on one of the GW forums about it staining.

Porous Plus and Stone Tech are the two you see used most often. My fabricator used Stone Tech. I've been happy with it so I will stay with it.

o

Thanks for the warning, lascatx!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here