Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet, sink, bath color

Posted by windy0532 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 13:39

Not sure if this should be on decorating board... I have almond in the bathroom and need to replace my toilet. I would like to switch to white as I prefer it and the almond seems dated. I wouldn't be able to do bathtub for quite awhile though due to money. Should I stick to almond? Opinions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet, sink, bath color

I would go with the white. Is the bathtub a feature in the room or is it behind a shower curtain? Have you looked into painting the tub? I know that it can be done, but that's all I know about it.

o

It's is mostly hidden behind a shower curtain. I didn't know about painting it - I will have to look into that. I've been looking at vanities - had now idea they were so expensive for a double one!

o

>had now idea they were so expensive for a double one!

It depends on what you're looking for. You can get a 40" double sink vanity from ikea for about $400. You can get a 72" double vanity from someplace like homdecorators for a little over a thousand. If you want a custom vanity or something like ronbow, it's going to be way more than that. Check out places like overstock, too.

BTW, the only tub painting that holds up well is painting the outside of a clawfoot tub. There's no way to paint a regular alcove tub in place and have it still look good after a few months regular use.

o

Thank you for the info.! I will definitely check IKEA and Overstock. How costly is it to replace a tub??

o

You can get a tub for about $200 and a decent tub for several hundred but the labor is significant.

o

Thank you...good to know. Anyone use bath fitters??

o

There are several threads on bathfitters. I haven't had much luck with the search engine on this site but if you google gardenweb and bathfitter, you will find several threads including these two.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg0219312414789.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg0213053529227.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here