Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debinnh

Best place to buy fixtures online?

debinnh
11 years ago

Another survey. Did you buy your new bath fixtures online, in a big box store, a plumbing supply store or a specialty bath/kitchen store? If you bought online, what site did you like best? If you did buy someplace else, why did you choose that?

Comments (9)

• User
    11 years ago

I've used both Faucetdirect.com and Faucetdepot.com, at the time prices on Faucetdirect were competitive, but of late, they have gotten a little pricey and don't offer free shipping the way Faucet Depot does.

• User
    11 years ago

Ummm....I hate to say this but the fixtures sold through the big box stores are lower quality, even the fixtures with bigger names. That's because the manufactures make the same higher end models with plastic insides so they can be sold for less.

HomeClick? If I'm not mistaken a lot of people of had problems with them.

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

i have had good luck with homeclick. they tend to have good prices and sometimes i can find coupon codes for extra discount. i chose to do online for a lot of fixtures because it is impossible for me to shop with two babies at home. and finding specs and info and reviews is much better online.

• ww340
    11 years ago

I used home click, wayfair, Amazon, and faucet direct. Even when I had faulty products, they were replaced immediately. I sent one very pricey sink back to amazon just because my husband did not like it, and it was no problem.

• Lynne Reno
    11 years ago

We had trouble with home click and faucet direct when we did our guest bathroom, they showed items in stock that actually weren't and made us wait longer than I thought was necessary to refund our money. I have used hayneedle.com recently and I love it that they state the ship date right next to the item and they are super good about keeping that commitment. There are usually some coupons floating around for their site that makes them very competitive

• debinnh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So I guess it is just look around and find the best deals. Lukki, I had heard the same thing about big box/big name items. I heard it from a contractor who wanted me to buy though him when I was building my house, so I bought through him. Then when I was getting quotes to renovate my kitchen I asked the same question and was told that the stuff at HD and Lowes is the same as at a plumbing supply or online if you are going by model number.

• jolsongoude
    11 years ago

Recently replaced two toilets in my MIL's house. Purchased them from NationalBuilderSupply.com and was very pleased with price and speed of delivery. Did not hesitate to use them for the second toilet after my experience with the first. Probably would have bought locally, but no one stocked the goofy color we needed to match the existing.

Here is a link that might be useful: NationalBuildersSupply

• User
    11 years ago

Yes, if the model number is EXACTLY the same that's true, however what I learned in the Kitchen forum is that faucets in the Box Stores will have an additional code or number at the end of the model number if so, then well, it's not the same faucet and plastic inside.

I'm surprised (and disappointed) to hear that about Faucet Direct, I have noticed changes in their site over the past year or so and not for the better ie higher pricing/shipping charges. Its still a good site for reference though. :c) I am not a fan of the set up on the Faucet Depot site, so I always go to Faucet direct, find what I'm interested in and then price it on Faucet Depot.