Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chibimimi

Opinions on Pfister faucets?

chibimimi
11 years ago

I'm considering the Pfister Kenzo faucet for our guest bath remodel. Reviews of this faucet and of Pfister in general are hard to find. Can anyone give me an idea of whether this is a good choice, as far as durability, ease of maintenance, etc., go?

Comments (12)

• lazy_gardens
    11 years ago

I've installed new Price Pfister faucets in several residences, personal and residential, and fixed even more of them.

The parts are easy to find, and they are totally standard for installing - no funky fittings needed.

My comment on that design: will it splash too much? Looks good, but I'm a function first person.

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

I have Pfister in my main floor bath, and plan 4 more for our newly remodeled upstairs baths. We had one with an issue, Pfister customer service responded and fixed the issue without too much trouble... I'll let you know how the other 4 do (just bought them today, will install later this week, I hope.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

We put in all Pfister Pasadena line fixtures in the bath last year. Not a single complaint other than the brushed nickel shows spots a lot. But I think that's the "brushed" more than the "Pfister".

• chibimimi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks -- it sounds like Pfister might be a good choice.

Lazygardens, splashing is a good issue to raise! I think, though, that it shouldn't be too much of a problem, since the sink I'm using is really big -- like, the entire countertop. Since this bathroom doesn't get day-to-day use, the drama factor gets a little more weight than it would in a family bath. But I'll check reviews to make sure guests won't end up taking surprise showers.

• lee676
    11 years ago

I just used a single-hole/single handle Kenzo. It's well built, and the waterfall effect is spectacular. Fools everyone who looks at in into thinking it's a seriously expensive faucet on a high-end sink, not the moderately priced faucet on an Ikea sink that it is. It does leave a few water spots in the channel, but to no effect. I also bought a more conventional two-lever centerset PF faucet with a satin finish that's holding up well after two years.

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

We had Price Pfister in the kitchen in the last house. Faucet started leaking at the control after 10 yrs.It served me well during that time. I didn't have time to wait for a replacement from them so I can't comment on customer service. I bought a new Price Pfister in a different model that transformed the look of my kitchen once installed. Very happy with both.

As far as splashing with that style faucet, we have a similar one with an open top design by Delta in our powder room over a vessel sink. The trick with these style faucets is to NOT open the water valves under the sink all the way like you would a regular faucet. If you're going with a vessel sink, making sure you have a deep wide basin and a standard 30"H vanity with top (not the 36"H everyone is using right now) is also key to avoid splashing.

Hope this helps!

• lascatx
    11 years ago

We've replaced a couple of bath fixtures here with PF, most recently in our powder room. The style is perfect for the vanity and the look I wanted. It installed well and has been working just as expected. Couldn't ask more.

• lisaj1354
    11 years ago

I've been told to stay away from PF faucets by multiple plumbing supply houses. Its too bad, because I liked the prices and the designs. But when I hear it more than once, I listen.

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

lisaj1354--just curious, did those supply houses carry PF? If not, that might be why you got the response you did--they are in the business of selling you the products they carry. Additionally, PF tends to be a lower cost brand--less money to be made if you buy a house full of PF vs a house full of Kohler.

• yebo
    10 years ago

@ Faucetsdirect.com, several reviewers of the Kenzo were sharply negative -- actually why I came here.

• chibimimi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, yebo ... just saw your post. We did go with the Kenzo and so far are very happy with it. Because of the large flat chrome surfaces, it does tend to show smudges and waterspots, but they clean up easily with a quick wipe-down.

• HU-37007973
    last month

They are pretty, work as well as (but no better than) other brands in the same price range. I bought them because of the warrantee which SOUNDED great but, in practice, not so much.

Yes, they will 'replace the unit for free'. BUT, what they don't tell you in the warrantee is that the FASTEST delivery time is 7 to 10 days unless you are willing to pay for 'expedited shipping' which STILL takes a MINIMUM of 2 to 3 days!

So, you have the option of (1) paying for a new faucet to get your repairs done quickly OR (2) you can wait for 3 to 10 days while your water is turned off OR leaking so severely that the cost of the water would be more than a new faucet.

AND the so-called "customer service personnel" are less-than-polite, don't speak English well (thank goodness I speak Spanish - but WHY should I have to in the USA?!) and really have no sense of what Customer Service is supposed to be and that includes the Managerial levels!

I will NEVER buy another one. It's not worth the headach.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022