Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please show me your shower curtains!

Posted by aliris19 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 13:09

I'm sorry all, I thought I posted this question but must have forgotten to "submit" it ... I have trouble with this two-click submission plan...

I was wondering if folks would be willing to show me their curtained solutions to shower-in-tubs. I was thinking of glassing in a half door but folks suggested this might be chilllly. I don't like the way curtains eclipse the sight-line of the tub area and the whole room. OTOH, I don't like shivering in the shower either. So I'm wondering if there are any innovative ideas for using curtains that look nice or interesting, etc.

Thanks for showing me your solutions!

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please show me your shower curtains!

MB:

photo IMG_4071.jpg

Hall Bathroom:

photo IMG_4031.jpg

o

I don't keep the curtain closed, so it doesn't close in the bathroom. It stacks on the end with all the shower stuff, so it kind of hides that when you're looking/walking into the room-unlike glass. I don't care about seeing the bathroom while I'm showering, so the curtain doesn't bother me then.

I'm so lazy, that the thought of glass makes me say "ugh". It's gorgeous but, since I'm the one who will have to clean it among my family, I will choose the easy curtain!

No pic. I JUST took down some icky doors the other day and am LOVING the room and cleanliness of the curtain.

o

Not the best picture but here is the shower curtain in my hall bath. I keep it drawn across the tub because I do not like looking at the acrylic one piece tub shower unit that is there.

o

Thanks all! Anyone have one in a master bath, one of those luscious-looking spaces?

o

Our MB is tiny--it's the first pic I posted.

o

I just now googled "bathrooms with shower curtains" then clicked on the images page. Many beautiful pics.

Also houzz.com would give you many more.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: lots of showers with curtains

o

Here is one of my favorite photos of a luxurious bath with a recessed curtain track.

I'll be using a ceiling mounted track for my shower area when we remodel, in a not-so-luxurious space!

o

Cat_mom ;) Beautiful!

Thanks for the dreamy image, alex.

My bathtub is in a corner, though, not a recessed space that needs just a single track overhead. I guess that's the problem I'm trying to deal with. I know there are commercial "L" bars, but I don't know how well they work, any of them. dh saw a friend's bathroom where he stuck a newel upside down from the ceiling to permit attachment of two bars so that the "L" was unneeded. But then you still wind up with flimsy curtain. Which may be fine, I dunno ... I am caught between real life, as all our bathrooms show, and these idealized houzz-type pictures. In truth, I can rarely stomach looking at Houzz, it's just too, um, done. And yet I want it to look a little more than, well, ordinary. So that's why I was asking to see what you design-mavens have done in bridging the gap...

Thanks!

o

There is another thread, started by Lauralena, where a poster gave me the lead on these recessed tracks. I'll link to it below, but it's still on the first page.

Lisadlu installed a ceiling track and I looked at the company called Trax. They will customize for your area and it incorporates a curve for smoother operation.

My corner shower is about 40 x 40 and will use a custom "L" shape. The curtain will stack against a back wall when not in use. I hope for a more open air feel in our small bathroom.
A Houzz pic utilizing an "L" shaped track. I know, not "real world", but it isn't a common solution.

And with a tub

Here is a link that might be useful: Small shower thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here