Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lara9143

I thought I broke our shower...

lara9143
12 years ago

We just bought our first home last year and are having a lot of fun (and headaches) working on it to make it our own. We have two bathrooms (master & guest) and the other night I decided to shower in the guest bathroom since it was late and DH was already asleep.

I was in the middle of showering when I heard a *CLACK*! I looked down but there were no cracks, breaks, nothing so I assumed I was hearing things.

But a minute later and *CLACK* again. I started experimenting by taking steps around inside the tub and it sounds like something is shifting underneath it. I can't feel it shifting, but I can hear SOMETHING. It is a fiberglass tub base and shower combo with tile walls that the PO did themselves.

The obvious fix would be to tear out the tub/shower and look to see if the PO did a lousy job of tiling underneath it and that's what I'm hearing and to replace/repair it, but are there any other possibilities? Have any of you seen this before?

I asked our family members who have stayed with us about this and they said they'd heard it too (why not say something then?). To compare the sound to something, it sounds like a hard clap of the hands.

Thank you! :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor