Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newhome4us

Calling All Porcelain or Ceramic Master Bathrooms

newhome4us
12 years ago

Looking for porcelain or ceramic bathrooms. All showrooms in the northern va area are high end. So If you are open to show your porcelain or cermaic bathrooms, I would Love to see it. If you could also give details about the tile.

Thanks!

Comments (14)

• sserra85
    12 years ago

Are you near fredericksburg? There's a good showroom there.. B&F ceramics. They import as well, so prices will likely be the best around.

• newhome4us
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah--it's about 45 mins....so I guess I will check them out this weekend! Thanks!!!!

• newhome4us
    Original Author
    12 years ago

WOW....Surprised I'm not seeing any post on this??? No one used porcelain or ceramic for Master?? I wanted a bit of marble--but having hard time finding a combination of both that look good together.

• jules8
    12 years ago

Have you visited with a designer at Mosaic Tile & Co? We got our tile at their Chantilly design center. They have a wide range of prices. what average price per square foot are you expecting?

• newhome4us
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We did go to Mosaic but didn't meet up with designer. I think I will have to do that. We just went in and looked at what they had and thought they were high. I was hoping for something in that would average with trim 6-8 dollars. Is that reasonable?? or am I expecting too much?

• dibgar
    12 years ago

Have you looked at the Houzz website? It is a great place to see hundreds of pictures of tiled bathrooms.

That site does not offer specific details, but it is a great place to get ideas.

• sevrm
    12 years ago

Same porcelain tile on shower walls (12") and floor (18"){{gwi:1421633}}

{{gwi:1420283}}

• jules8
    12 years ago

Mosaic has choices in that price range. I agree about Houzz to get an idea of your style. if you have an idea of the style you want and the price range, Mosaic should be able to help you. we got modern style porcelain tile in that price range at Mosaic. we used glass tile as an accent and that was much more expensive. we searched all over for the glass we liked at the best price. we got some at home depot. they have many more choices on-line than in the store. you can order one as a sample and return it to the store if you don't like it. and we ordered some on sale at Susan Jablon.

• lpinkmountain
    12 years ago

Well, I have some photos I've been collecting, but my planned tub/shower surround is plain white 4 inch ceramic accented with colord glass tiles. It's an old house so I'm going retro.

• flicka001
    12 years ago

jean61, I'm also in No VA and am just getting ready to start a remodel (so no pics yet). I'm using porcelain tile. My contractor sent me to the Daltile on Gravel Ave in Alexandria where I could see the tiles.

• newhome4us
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Flicka001--- do they have a large showroom. I have been to the one in Chantilly...not that big

• flicka001
    12 years ago

No it is not very large. They just have samples of most of the tiles there.

• adel97
    11 years ago

I just posted a finished bath with ceramic tiles that are a decent "marble look", and a backsplash with real marble. I think ceramic and porcelain tiles are great in a bath, and there are many beautiful choices tat go well with real stone if you want to combine. Check out glasstilehome.com and oder samples.

• Kathy Rivera
    11 years ago

I don't have any pictures yet, but I got my porcelain tiles at Lowes. They had a nice selection - better than Home Depot I think (though HD also has a lot). I got my glass accent tiles at Home Depot for 4.99/sq ft. The local tile store had the exact same tile at 19.99/sq ft!!