Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Colors with black granite countertop

Posted by snowyMN (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 12:32

I got a really good deal on a black granite countertop to
fit on top of my vanity. I also purchased white beadboard
to go halfway up the walls and plan to paint or wallpaper the top half of the walls. I need to paint the vanity and am stuck between black or white. Would painting it black be too much of a contrast with the white beadboard? And would painting it white be overkill with all with the white beadboard? Also, what would be a good color for the top half of the walls above the beadboard to tie the room together? Thanks for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Colors with black granite countertop

I don't think that it would be overkill to paint the beadboard and vanity both white, but the top half of the walls definitely can't be white. I would suggest you paint the upper part of the wall a lighter shade of grey or a grey-blue such as 'silverscreen' which I think has a light but neutral hue.

I'm pasting a link to a page that shows the color. Let me know what you think

Here is a link that might be useful: Involving Color -- Silverscreen Color

o

Scary Cary(cute name!) I had not considered a blue-grey color but I really like the look. I have a hard time making color decisions so your input helps a lot. Thank you.

o

Definitely not black - that would be too dark with the black countertop. I see lots of white vanities with white beadboard and it looks fresh and clean.

o

Why does the vanity need to be either white or black? It would certainly need to play nicely with the upper half of the walls -- maybe just a lighter or darker shade of the same color? Or find two colors you love that play well together.

o

Sweeby adds good insight into the process...why black or white? Though I understand that B or W might be the answer to your room question.

Check out houzz.com for a lot of pics. Just type in a search to help narrow down the ideas. There are millions of images.

o

Personally, I would paint it white or gray. I think black wouldn't showcase the granite well enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here