Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PSA: two very different experiences ordering tile samples

Posted by jrueter (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 12:20

Just an FYI what my recent experiences ordering some tile samples through two online sites.

1. Floor and D�cor: $2 samples. I ordered a total of 7 samples that ended up coming from 3 different locations. 5 samples arrived fairly quickly, but the packaging was almost non-existent. 5 tiles were wrapped in a single sheet of newsprint and placed in a shipping box. The samples arrived broken. After piecing them back together, none of the 3" x 3" samples were enough to see any veining on the marble look porcelain. They all looked like plain white or off-white tile. One sample arrived somewhat later, well packaged and undamaged. The final sample never arrived.

2. BuildDirect: Up to 5 free samples, with free shipping. I ordered 5 wood-look tile samples (they didn't have a porcelain marble I liked). They arrived quickly, well packaged and clearly marked with the manufacturer and color information.

Just based on this I will be considering BuildDirect but not Floor and D�cor. I suspect others may have different experiences.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PSA: two very different experiences ordering tile samples

Look local. You not only have someone who knows the products that can help with suggestions, but you also get to check out large sample boards to take home.

o

Look for reviews on here for Build Direct as I believe you will find some less than flattering reviews. I also like holly recommend shopping local for tile.

o

I am shopping local as well. I just wanted to cover a few more bases by going online to look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here