Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrueter_gw

PSA: two very different experiences ordering tile samples

jrueter
10 years ago

Just an FYI what my recent experiences ordering some tile samples through two online sites.

1. Floor and D�cor: $2 samples. I ordered a total of 7 samples that ended up coming from 3 different locations. 5 samples arrived fairly quickly, but the packaging was almost non-existent. 5 tiles were wrapped in a single sheet of newsprint and placed in a shipping box. The samples arrived broken. After piecing them back together, none of the 3" x 3" samples were enough to see any veining on the marble look porcelain. They all looked like plain white or off-white tile. One sample arrived somewhat later, well packaged and undamaged. The final sample never arrived.

2. BuildDirect: Up to 5 free samples, with free shipping. I ordered 5 wood-look tile samples (they didn't have a porcelain marble I liked). They arrived quickly, well packaged and clearly marked with the manufacturer and color information.

Just based on this I will be considering BuildDirect but not Floor and D�cor. I suspect others may have different experiences.

Comments (3)