Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coolbeansw

Master Bath Reveal

coolbeansw
10 years ago

Finally, everything is done except getting some art on the walls!

Our house was built in 1980 and the master bathroom was original. Silly huge jetted tub, itty-bitty shower stall, seldom-used sauna and bidet, and a large picture window and door overlooking a private suntanning deck that we removed a couple of years ago (so door led to nowhere and glass had to be covered in obscure plastic for privacy). Walls and ceiling were covered in grass cloth.

We had it demo'ed to the studs.

Deleted the picture window and built a walk-in shower and installed an undermounted normal sized air jet tub in the space where the old jetted tub used to be.

Replaced the vanity and toilet in their original locations.

Deleted the bidet and sauna.

Replaced door-to-nowhere with window with obscure glass.

Had a linen closet/laundry center built to match the new vanity and installed it where the old shower stall had been.

Sauna room is cedar lined and will become a storage closet.

Replaced all of the incandescent can lights with LED ones.

Replaced vanity mirrors and lights.

Installed a new heater/exhaust fan.

Product details:

Porcelanosa Squares White 13x26 on tub & shower walls
American Olean Avenue One 18x18 Nighlife on bathroom floor
American Olean Avenue One 12x12 Municipal Gray on shower floor

Schluter Kerdi-line linear drain

Silestone White Zeus on tub deck
Royal Blue Pearl granite on vanity top

Benjamin Moore Aura Spa wall paint in Beacon Gray matte

Grohe Freehander shower head
Grohe Eurocube shower control trim
Grohe Eurocube tub filler
Toto Soiree lavatory faucets
Inax Dover toilet
Bain Ultra Origami 32x66 air jet tub
Kohler Verticyl lavatory sinks
Rohl Wave towel bar
Delta Vero toilet paper holder
Restoration Hardware Modern soap holder
EcoSlim Trio shampoo dispenser
Elkay Avado soap dispenser (on tub deck)
Possini Midltown vanity lights
Panasonic WhisperWarm heater/exhaust fan

Vanity and linen closet were custom built and are finished in high-gloss laminate

Custom sized beveled vanity mirrors

Glass between tub and shower is Starphire

I am so grateful to all the helpful GardenWebbers who provided inspiration, advice, and support to me during the planning and execution of this project. Thank you!

CoolBeans

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/kenyon08/library/Master%20Bathroom%20Remodel

Here is a link that might be useful: CoolBeans Master Bath

Comments (17)

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

I tried to look but it says this is a private album.

• coolbeansw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Deb, I think I just fixed that. Let me know!

• rjr220
    10 years ago

Wow! How beautiful -- great choice of products, love the porcelanosa shower tile -- I have that in some of my possibilities but couldn't figure out how to use it. I really like the pairing of it with your granite.

Gorgeous reno! Enjoy!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Glorious!!!!! Absolutely wonderful reno!

• treasuretheday
    10 years ago

How absolutely lovely!

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I love the tile choices. I wondered about how you like your new light over your vanity mirrors? In your before picture you show can lights in a valance over the vanity. How does the light compare from the before and after. We were thinking of doing low voltage pots over the vanity (to the back wall) to shine on the mirror and cross light with sconces on each side of mirror.

Carol

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

That is gorgeous! I love that Porcelanosa tile. Just put it on my short list for my future master bath redo. You did a fantastic job. Just beautiful.

• coolbeansw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OntarioMom, you are right, we had a soffit with can lights over the vanity before. Truly unflattering light. Removed it and went with wall lights above the mirrors. Although I like the lighting now, I can't say that I like the light fixtures themselves. They're incandescent (I did replace the standard bulbs in them with halogens) and would have looked better hung vertically rather than horizontally, but it was too late at the point that I figured that out . . .

• enduring
    10 years ago

Lovely, and so peaceful. although the original was quite glam too :) This bathroom looks very useful. I would say you have done a wonderful job of combining beauty with function. Bravo!

• divotdiva2
    10 years ago

wow, you had a swimming pool in your original! :-) Nice work!

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

Wow, beautiful. Love the mix of materials. So clean looking and probably easy to clean especially that shower wall tile.

Can you please give me the exact name, model or link to that Porcelanosa tile? I Googled it, but didn't find yours and I want it! Looks so stylish, but easy care.

Your tub looks dreamy; how do you like it? Also, how do you access it if any problems; have a hidden removable panel somewhere?

Thanks for sharing.

• sofla
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Love all your materials. I admired the Porcelanosa at the show room.

• coolbeansw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Island, here's the tile link.

It's hard to capture the beauty of this tile in a photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Porcelanosa Squares White

• coolbeansw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Love, love, love the tub. It is very comfortable and therapeutic. One full tile (13x26) at the faucets end and another at the turbine end were set with sanded caulk instead of grout so that they can be removed for access if need be.

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

Coolbeans- Thanks for the additional info. I really really love that tile. The illusion and contrast of smaller tiles without all the grout lines. Perfect.
    I haven't seen that tile, but will definitely check it out. Curious to see if they have other patterns or textures.

• suger4630
    10 years ago

It's been a while since the last post but if you happen to see this, can you please share the name of the airtub? Thanks!

• enduring
    10 years ago

Half way down the list of coolbeans original post there is this item:

"Bain Ultra Origami 32x66 air jet tub"

Is that what you wanted?