Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dneubecker

HELP: Discontinued - Has anyone seen this vanity?

mdln
10 years ago

Hello,

Found a vanity (24w X 16d) that will fit in my narrow bathroom and it is discontinued. Called Danze and every place that came up in a google search, even called places that had the larger 28-30" version - no one had it. Hoping there is one in a showroom somewhere, waiting for me to find it.

Danze Orrington 24" Freestanding Vanity, Product # DF012124CH

Comments (29)

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Looks neat. Have you tried eBay? Often there are sellers, sometimes from overseas who have these furniture looking pieces.

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks raehelen. Yes, have it as a saved search w/ notification.

I've found a lot of vanities that I like even more than this piece. Unfortunately, cannot find really shallow depth furniture style pieces. Most are very contemporary looking, not what I need.

• vpierce
    10 years ago

I did a search and found the vanity base on Amazon. It's available from a third-party seller. If you scroll to the questions, it looks like you can also buy the sink top on Amazon.

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, vickimp. I called faucetstop (the seller) last week to confirm availability and they said it was ''discontinued & unavailable.'' Very frustrating - many places will still list it and when I called to confirm availability they said, ''website has not been updated.''

Again, thank you.

This post was edited by mdln on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 16:15

• aiallega
    10 years ago

Well it's advertised at several online stores but in stock may be another story. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Danze vanity

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ luvscritters - thanks for looking. That is the 28-30" model (will not fit in the space), I need the 24" model.

• aiallega
    10 years ago

Says "3 in stock"

Here is a link that might be useful: Danze vanity

• aiallega
    10 years ago

Sink

Here is a link that might be useful: sink

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

luvscritters, the link for the vanity is for the larger 28-30" size, which has a depth of 28" - that will not fit in my BR.

I need the 24" version, that has a depth of 16".

The model #'s are different, I am looking for DF012124.

Thank you for trying to help me!

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I went to Bing because google can miss so many things and found it at this website. I tried putting in my shopping basket and it says "in stock" for both the cabinet and sink. I know nothing of this site, but since you'll pay with a credit card, you'll have some protections.

Here is a link that might be useful: Your vanity

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ olychick, thanks. Called them this AM, their response ''unfortunately this item is discontinued and we do not have it.''

• aiallega
    10 years ago

Sorry for my stupidity above--

Here is a link that might be useful: 24

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ luvscritters - No need to apologize, I only knew about the 2 sizes because I thought I'd found one. I'd called Ratuken, they also do not have it.

Am so frustrated that all these websites list it, but when I call to confirm availability - they don't have it and cannot get it.

THANK YOU for trying to help me.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

Dang! don't know where you are, but there is one listed in the Wolf Brother's Supply in Medina OH as a clearance item, floor model, you must pick up. It was updated in July of 2013...but there is a possibility it's still there!

Besides the 24" x 16" measurements, what are your other criteria. Maybe those of us with vicarious shopping energy can help find something similar. The Home Decorating forum has shoppers extraordinaire, too, if you post there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wolf brothers

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Olychick!!! I will call Wolf brothers tomorrow. Medina, OH is ~6h from me, but I have a friend who may be traveling that way. Am keeping my fingers crossed. If they have it, I may just take a road trip.

Am looking for something furniture style, traditional or antique style (not contemporary), brown-cherry-walnut stain, white or black top, less than 18" front to back, max 30" side to side, rounded front edges.

I will post on the home decorating site, thank you for the tip!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

The sink is available on ebay, if you can find the base.

• lynndepynn
    10 years ago

Have you considered having it made? We usually find this is not much more expensive and you get exactly what you want.

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ addmom - not a bad idea, I will look into that.

@ writers block - yep, have found the sink; it's the base that is MIA.

@ Olychik - my friend driving east for a family event is willing to make a stopover. Noticed they had 2 listed at different locations. Hope they still have one. The price is good, the savings would cover the cost of my gas if I end up needing to drive.

Thank you!

• Olychick
    10 years ago

Mdln, I'm sure you could call them and see if they have one and save her the stop. Good luck!

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ olychick - called, they don't have it anymore. :-(

THANK YOU.

• nancylouise5me
    10 years ago

I checked on the Wayfair site just to see if they had it there. They don't, but did have a few similar circular ones by Southington and Monmouth brands. They too are sold out. They did have many 24" vanities. Good luck with the search, NancyLouise

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, NancyLouise.

• lotteryticket
    10 years ago

Is this one it? I didn't try putting it in the cart but give it a shot. Fingers crossed!

Here is a link that might be useful: Decor Island

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is it. I put it in my cart, and tried calling them.They are not in, will call back on Mon.

Am keeping my fingers (& toes) crossed.

Thank you!

• niteshadepromises
    10 years ago

Did you luck out and find it? I'd second the "have it built" suggestion but any rounded cabinetry is crazy expensive as compared to square line.

I was looking at the Soci Braxton demilune vanity myself. It meets your width requirements, but not depth. Instead however we decided to go with an American Standard Retrospect pedestal sink top with a washstand base. This more closely resembles your size requirements (though the actual sink does measure in at 19" depth). The kind of depth your talking about is pretty restrictive and I'd definitely be looking more at petite pedestal type setup than vanities unless you custom build one.

• aiallega
    10 years ago

This vanity is kind of similar and really cute

Here is a link that might be useful: similar type of vanity

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

luvscritters - thank you. I will add it to my possibilities list. However, prefer an enclosed cabinet for some hidden storage.

• raehelen
    10 years ago

I spent some time looking for you today, and am finding the under 18" depth and having to have a traditional/antique furniture style impossible to locate (am eliminating everything that says out of stock).

Have you considered sourcing a furniture piece that you like and converting it to a vanity? I would think that might be your best/only solution. I am thinking that hall/entry pieces might work well, ie be the narrow under 18" depth you're looking for.

• mdln
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ raehelen - you must have been reading my "discuss with builder list." Yes, that is something I am very much considering.

Found a couple vanities that would work. Unfortunately, don't "love" them. One, I think, is overpriced for the quality (Fairmont); another, OK looking but cheap quality (Home Depot) - not sure it will withstand bathroom conditions and use.

Thank you!!!

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner