Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dccampli

will dark floor tile with darker vanity look good

dccampli
10 years ago

Starting to put the pieces together for our small bathroom (5x7) project to remove existing tub and replace with shower plus retile. We picked a glossy pattern of white, gray, beige wall tile with a dark grey floor tile. The shower base will be white (acrylic), toilet in white, countertop in white.

We picked 3 possible vanities: black, dark brown, and dark espresso. Most pictures show dark floor with white vanity and dark/white vanity top. Couldn't find many pictures showing the opposite (dark floor, dark vanity). As always its personal opinion but do you think this will look good?

Samples:
Wall: Gacella Gris (http://ww.tiles.uk.com/bathrooms/gacela/gacela.html)

Floor: Florida Formations Flint (http://www.floridatile.com/system/images/tile_images/4035/large/FTI2520512x24.jpg)

Border: Fusion Tumbled Cliff (http://www.sohostudiocorp.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FUSSQTMBCLF)

So far planning on using Toto Drake in white and Delta Leland in Stainless.

Thanks,
Darren

Comments (10)

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

In our MB,we put in a dark floor tile (charcoal-black) with a black vanity (sinktop is white fireclay/porcelain, white toilet, white bathtub). They look terrific together.

Floor is darker in person--it has a slight sheen which reflects the flash in pics:

• xc60
    10 years ago

This is our last ensuite, dark tile and blackish brown cabinets.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

We have dark gray floor with black vanity. I love it. Lighter color throw rugs brighten things up.

-Babka

{{gwi:1420730}}

• enduring
    10 years ago

I have a moderately dark floor and a walnut vanity. I am real happy with the look.

This is a picture when in production:

another picture with the counter and toe kick light on. I have a lot of pattern going on in this room:

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Sorry to hijack your post, (as posters above have shown, it's more than fine to combine darker floor with dark vanity), but I'd like to ask xc60 a question:

We are planning to DIY another BR and will have vanity (probably linen tower) right next to tub like you have. How is that done? Is side of tub finished where it touches vanity? Do you have any close-up pics of exactly how vanity sits or is positioned? Thanks in advance!

• xc60
    10 years ago

The tub surround was framed next to the vanity, then tiles installed butting up to the cabinet. There was also a panel inside the cabinet to access the inside of the tub surround for maintenance to the motor.... of the jacuzzi tub.

I wish I could take better photos for you but we sold that house a while ago.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

enduring, how do your marble countertop and floor tile get along? They look good in the photo.

• enduring
    10 years ago

Well, I am liking it. It was a risk. The tile showroom sales woman thought I was a little off when I wanted to put the porcelain marble tile for the shower, with the porcelain pattern floor, and the walnut. But then she started liking it too. I possibly just wore her down visually. That was last spring. It's been a looong time bringing this together.

And unlike Hunzi, I like a floor that looks like dirt, its more grounding to me. The thing about the floor is that it has brown, lighter tans, grays, blues, even slight green, and brings all the colors of the room into one. This picture shows the floor a little greener than it is. It is more of a bluish blend with browns IRL:

• hunzi
    10 years ago

And unlike Hunzi, I like a floor that looks like dirt, its more grounding to me.

It's one thing to have a floor with lovely earth-tone shaded tiles like enduring's, it's quite another to have an actual dirt floor in your basement for over ten years!! ;-p

I love all the bathrooms in this thread!

At the moment, I even love my plain concrete floor! ;-) It's so much better than dirt!

Always ;-)
    Hunzi

• enduring
    10 years ago

Hunzi, LOL...
    I love your concrete floor!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County