Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Northern NJ Tile retailer recommendations

Posted by frogboy2727 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 11:42

Hi all,

We would like to try a new tile retailer, other than the one we've been using. It's an extremely small shop and the selection is limited. Has anyone had any favorable experiences, with some of the brick & mortar establishments, in the NNJ area. We don't mind traveling. Thanks ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Northern NJ Tile retailer recommendations

Stratta Tile in Hawthorne NJ!!! (Hawthorne is next to Ridgewood, Wycoff, Glen Rock) I can't say enough good things about them.

They have the most amazing selection I've ever seen, the people who work their know their tile, and are incredibly nice and helpful. Even the store is stunning. And their prices are terrific - they worked easily within my beer-level budget.

Tell them Lisa sent you.

I've bought a ton of stuff there, and I swear I wish I had another bathroom to tile just to shop there again.

o

Just over the border in NY (Rockland Cty--Bardonia); Greene and Roth. Ask for Rick or Annette.

In NJ, Paramus, Artistic Tile.

o

Thanks for the responses. We will try these stores. When we built our house (1984), we actually used Greene & Roth, for all our floor tile selections. I pass by them, everyday.

o

G&R has a nice selection, and they took very good care of us. Our tile guy (Rick's brother actually, though we knew our tile guy first) did much (most? all?) of the tile work in their upstairs showroom.

PS and you can't beat the proximity to Rockland Bakery! :)

o

Thanks Cat .. We were in the Bakery, yesterday. Bagels were coming out. Rolls plucked off of the conveyer belt. One (1) - Chinese cookie munched on. Doesn't get any better ... We love to take visitors there.

o

DH was there yesterday, early-ish evening. He brought home a baguette and a raisin challah. :)

Good luck with your tile search!

o

Ideal Tile in Paramus (Rt. 17 South) - ask for Tiana. Great brainstorming partner and non-pushy sales person.

o

An update .. We spent ALOT of time, with Annette at Greene & Roth. Alot of time. For a (relatively) small space, G&R packs in alot of product. Most of the displays are on big flip cards, for easy browsing. We chose a Sant'Augustino (Earth Collection) tile floor. We also chose Cesarstone (Linen) for our bath shelves and floor saddle. The Cesarstone material was fabricated by Marble & Granite, in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Our 60" vanity is a Strasserworks (Chocolate Cherry) unit. We're not going to make a final decision on the countertop, until everything else is in place. Kohler sinks and tub, with Grohe Allure fixtures. The dumpster arrives on Monday and the death/destruction of our bathroom will begin shortly after. We're stoked ...

o

We were very impressed with the amount of stuff they have on display and is available to order. They were terrific about bringing in samples, finding out about availability, or "do-ability" and special ordering stuff they don't normally carry in stock, too.

We love Annette, she is such a sweetheart and was so helpful (as was Rick--we love him, too!), throughout the entire process.

It's exciting when the demolition begins--makes it really real! Good luck!!!

o

We are currently using LaRaj tile in Roselle park. They have been great to work with. Lance is the sales guy. We also went to Wayne Tile, they have a few locations, and their selection is great.

o

We have done business with Blair Tile in Blairstown, NJ
Dorothy, the owner is very helpful and we have always done well with her suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here