Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frogboy2727_gw

Northern NJ Tile retailer recommendations

frogboy2727
11 years ago

Hi all,

We would like to try a new tile retailer, other than the one we've been using. It's an extremely small shop and the selection is limited. Has anyone had any favorable experiences, with some of the brick & mortar establishments, in the NNJ area. We don't mind traveling. Thanks ...

Comments (11)

• lisaj1354
    11 years ago

Stratta Tile in Hawthorne NJ!!! (Hawthorne is next to Ridgewood, Wycoff, Glen Rock) I can't say enough good things about them.

They have the most amazing selection I've ever seen, the people who work their know their tile, and are incredibly nice and helpful. Even the store is stunning. And their prices are terrific - they worked easily within my beer-level budget.

Tell them Lisa sent you.

I've bought a ton of stuff there, and I swear I wish I had another bathroom to tile just to shop there again.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Just over the border in NY (Rockland Cty--Bardonia); Greene and Roth. Ask for Rick or Annette.

In NJ, Paramus, Artistic Tile.

• frogboy2727
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the responses. We will try these stores. When we built our house (1984), we actually used Greene & Roth, for all our floor tile selections. I pass by them, everyday.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

G&R has a nice selection, and they took very good care of us. Our tile guy (Rick's brother actually, though we knew our tile guy first) did much (most? all?) of the tile work in their upstairs showroom.

PS and you can't beat the proximity to Rockland Bakery! :)

• frogboy2727
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Cat .. We were in the Bakery, yesterday. Bagels were coming out. Rolls plucked off of the conveyer belt. One (1) - Chinese cookie munched on. Doesn't get any better ... We love to take visitors there.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

DH was there yesterday, early-ish evening. He brought home a baguette and a raisin challah. :)

Good luck with your tile search!

• mlouis
    11 years ago

Ideal Tile in Paramus (Rt. 17 South) - ask for Tiana. Great brainstorming partner and non-pushy sales person.

• frogboy2727
    Original Author
    10 years ago

An update .. We spent ALOT of time, with Annette at Greene & Roth. Alot of time. For a (relatively) small space, G&R packs in alot of product. Most of the displays are on big flip cards, for easy browsing. We chose a Sant'Augustino (Earth Collection) tile floor. We also chose Cesarstone (Linen) for our bath shelves and floor saddle. The Cesarstone material was fabricated by Marble & Granite, in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Our 60" vanity is a Strasserworks (Chocolate Cherry) unit. We're not going to make a final decision on the countertop, until everything else is in place. Kohler sinks and tub, with Grohe Allure fixtures. The dumpster arrives on Monday and the death/destruction of our bathroom will begin shortly after. We're stoked ...

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

We were very impressed with the amount of stuff they have on display and is available to order. They were terrific about bringing in samples, finding out about availability, or "do-ability" and special ordering stuff they don't normally carry in stock, too.

We love Annette, she is such a sweetheart and was so helpful (as was Rick--we love him, too!), throughout the entire process.

It's exciting when the demolition begins--makes it really real! Good luck!!!

• joneswest
    10 years ago

We are currently using LaRaj tile in Roselle park. They have been great to work with. Lance is the sales guy. We also went to Wayne Tile, they have a few locations, and their selection is great.

• lorsmi
    10 years ago

We have done business with Blair Tile in Blairstown, NJ
    Dorothy, the owner is very helpful and we have always done well with her suggestions.