Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with MB Layout, Where to Put Shower Door?

Posted by dancingqueen (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 12 at 11:19

I posted this previously but (hopefully) will now be able to show pictures of the current set upPhotobucket I am addressing.
Shower/cabinet
So here's the question. I am removing the angled cabinet and squaring off the area, running the new cabinet straight to the wall which will also no longer have an angle. If I square off the shower I create a 4ft by 2 1/2 ft space between the shower glass and the new cabinet. I could put the shower door against the wall where the existing angled cabinet is. Since I wanta frameless shower I believe would hold the door best. Or I can Neo-angle the shower and either put the door in the angle or attach it to the wall. I am also removing the tub and will have a free standing tub that will take up less space thus opening the area by the sink. The blue tape shows where I would move the sink and the expanded wall of the shower. What do you think would look and function best? TIA and thank you those posting how to post pictures help. I hope I got it right.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with MB Layout, Where to Put Shower Door?

Expanding the shower won't really work in your situation with you squaring off the vanity. While you can stand in front of a vanity with only 30' clearance, it isn't at all a pleasant experience. Not "master bathy" at all. You need to mock this up with a tall cabinet with only 30" of room between it and your sink. You will find it claustrophobic.

It might be better to keep the current shower size and focus on adding a second sink on the shower run and still moving the corner sink to where you'd like it on the other run. And look at what's in the other direction of the shower. A tub? You might be able to expand in that direction. None of this will be cheap though. Moving around plumbing is pretty expensive and master bath remodels already run around 20K average just to replace what's there.

Your layout of the space is impossibly tiny. Do you have something at least 600 pixels wide that we can see?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here