Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jado Faucets - Quality? Experiences?

Posted by firsthome (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 11:09

Some of the faucet brands I have been looking at online for our master remodel are hard to find in showrooms to check out in person. Jado, Cifial, Riobel are all almost impossible to find locally and showrooms that do carry have only 1 or 2 faucets.

I am really interested in Jado, but was told by one rep that once American Standard acquired them that they are now made in China and not the same quality. From what I read on the following reveiew site (see link below) I though they were still being made in Germany. Anyone purchased Jado recently? Thoughts...good or bad?

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet reviews and ratings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jado Faucets - Quality? Experiences?

I haven't installed mine yet, so I cannot speak to funcionality or durability. But I think the jado faucets look beautiful. I got mine in the platinum nickel finish. They are very nice and heavy, and nice finish. I also bought hansgrohe and grohe faucets for other rooms. The hansgrohe I found to have more plastic painted parts than the grohe or the jado, which for the models that I purchased were all metal. costwise they were all very comparable. HTH!

o
RE: Jado Faucets - Quality? Experiences?

I have all Grohe faucets in my kitchen, baths and laundry room, except for the Jado faucet in my powder room vanity. I admit I bought it primarily for the look, as I think it's gorgeous. It feels solid and we've had no problems with it.

My one caveat about it is, I'm not crazy about the way the water flow feels. It's hard to explain, but the water coming out of all our Grohe faucets feels like silk, i.e., like a solid curtain of water that doesn't splash or separate into separate streams as it lands on your hands or in the sink. This Jado faucet has a more "streamy" flow which is more splashy on the hands and sink. I hope that makes sense. It's not a big deal, but it's made me realize how much I prefer Grohes from a purely functional perspective.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here