Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thoughts on tile

Posted by sloyd (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 10:44

I plan to have an accent wall with 4x4 glass tile in a light blue. The rub comes in where I want a border in the bath tub area for which I am having a hard time finding the sizes of the same color in smaller sizes (1x1, 1x2, 2x2). Would it look to odd if I used a dark midnight blue for the border?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thoughts on tile

It would give the room a different feel compared to a soft blue. I think the dark blue would be more tailored looking and crisp.

o

would it look to weird? Can't see having a dark glass tile accent wall in a small bathroom 5x7. Other pictures I have seen the border color matches other tile in the room. Attached is the inspiration photo of the room, however I will have a tub where the wood is, in white subway tile.

o

If the dark boarder doesn't relate to anything else in the room then I would not use it. The whole room needs to be planned together, if one thing changes then you might have to change other elements.

With regards to the dark blue accent that you show above, it looks very nice in the picture, but I don't think it would look good in this second picture. It all depends on the other elements in the room.

In this second picture I see large areas of texture. Nothing small and detailed like the accent tiles you show above. The only punctuations in this second picture are the pendents and plant on the ledge, and maybe the toilet flusher. In this inspiration picture I don't think I would like the colored strip around the tub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here